• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Strange Snapnames thing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,437
Reaction score
0
Today I had received two notifications of domains I have a snapback on. The "Record Created" changed for both.

Here is an example of what they look like.
-------------------
Old records:
Record created on 25-May-1988.

New records:
Record created on 09-Oct-2002.
--------------------
--------------------
Old Records:
Record created on 19-May-1999.

New Records:
Record created on 11-Oct-2002.
---------------------

Now, whats up with that!??? :confused:

RMF
 
Happened to me on a about 10 domains also.
 
Just got a bunch more notifications. Same thing happening to several other names I got snapbacks on. hmmmm.

RMF
 
Record created on 22-Nov-1991.
---> Record created on 04-Sep-2002.
 
Another thing, I noticed a lot of the notifications had change of address or other changes like fax numbers. I find it strange that so many domains had their records changed the same day.

RMF
 
Same here. I'm thinking it sounds like some type of contact compliance thing... the expiry date changes are weird though. Very very odd.

~ Nexus
 
Huh, that's very interesting you would mention that.
I feel bad now because I just got in a heated argument earlier tonight with someone who said their domain had been registered since 1995 and I told them no the whois record said created sept 2002.

Very odd.
 
Network Solutions went through some major account changes starting June 1. People with multiple accounts had many of them merged so they could access them with one password, based on a notice I received. This may be a byproduct of that.
 
Possibly related: I seem to recall a service that verisign was going to offer where you could update all your domains' expiry dates to be on the same day.

No idea what they were planning on charging. If it was any more than a prorated equivalent, they must have been deluding themselves...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom