Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Suggestion with new domain name for blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeLaVega

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to start a new blog for helping people to create their new small startup.

I will write about how to register a domain, how to select a hosting, basic HTML, installing Wordpress, SEO, Social Media, etc. (starting from basic and moving to intermediate).

The problem is that I'm not English native, so, although I have some ideas on keywords that I'd like to use in the domain like "startup", "internet business", "website", "webmaster", etc. I'm not sure which one will work better for the blog.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A hand-reg brandable or any combination of those terms would do just well as webmasters/want-to-be generally know what they're looking for already. There's no need in purchasing a $XXXX+ name unless you want instant traffic, but you should also consider, you should have instant content as well to satisfy them.

Save a grand and buy a domain for $9 with a GoDaddy promo code unless you want to develop a serious community and have exact match keywords, which will help you rank, but in the end... content is king.

Good luck!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I could give you a prime example of content being king as well, take a look at my signature. One of them is a movie, a book and a social networking website with hundreds of more backlinks (I believe I have 1 backlink and never did any SEO, link building, etc.), each of which have tons of pages reviewing the movie, the book and the site.

Initially picking it up off GD auctions, it didn't even rank in the top 10 pages when I had 2 pages the first month. As content was added over the past 6 months, it was pushed to page 1 (low and won't go into specifics of impressions, CTR, keywords, etc.)... but you get my point I hope.

(Had to check the rules to verify that this post was okay to help you out, but it's the "I.I.J.M?" website)

DeLaVega

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I forgot to add another question.

Does anybody know how these kind of sites work with Adsense? CPC and CTR estimated?

I know that maybe technical sites (for example for web designers, developers or programmers have low CTR) because they know Adsense, but like I'm aiming to beginners and non technical people, I'm not sure.

Many thanks

DeLaVega

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I could give you a prime example of content being king as well, take a look at my signature. One of them is a movie, a book and a social networking website with hundreds of more backlinks (I believe I have 1 backlink and never did any SEO, link building, etc.), each of which have tons of pages reviewing the movie, the book and the site.

Initially picking it up off GD auctions, it didn't even rank in the top 10 pages when I had 2 pages the first month. As content was added over the past 6 months, it was pushed to page 1 (low and won't go into specifics of impressions, CTR, keywords, etc.)... but you get my point I hope.

(Had to check the rules to verify that this post was okay to help you out, but it's the "I.I.J.M?" website)

Thanks again David :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators