Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SUSPICIOUS??? I get an email from a guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd69101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recieved an email thats suspicious to me. What do you think? Hi Im so and so i am very interested in domain. He asks for others I might have. I told him I wanted $500 for each.He wants ME to pay for appraisals on them...Is this the norm? Cant he buy an appraisal on my domains? Thanks for any help. Todd

Domain Summit 2024

todd69101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks south, I know if it sounds fishy it is!!! But I felt I better ask before I blew him off. Cant you buy an appraisal on any domain or do you have to be the owner?

Heres the email!

Hello,

What is the price of your domain?

We are very interested in it. Good domains are wise investment in the
future. Our company is interested in easy-to-remember domain names.

If you have other domains for sale feel free to send your list.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,
Andrew Weisberg
CEO
OB Real Estate LLC

Last edited:

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can get an appraisal on any domain. He wants you to pay a partner of his for an appraisal, and then he'll tell you, he's not interested in the domain.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks south, I know if it sounds fishy it is!!! But I felt I better ask before I blew him off. Cant you buy an appraisal on any domain or do you have to be the owner?

You can buy an appraisal for anything, whether yours or not. They're pretty meaningless anyway most of the time. People will pay what they will pay. Check similar domain sales histories to get ideas as well. Dnjournal is a good start, there are others.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It isn't normal that you just know this Appraisal Scam as an active DNF member since 2007!

;)

todd69101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not a full timer. I dont even consider myself a domainer. I really need to start a different approach to domaining than I have. I have chatted only a few times with everybody. I do see alot of professional people here on DNF. I am going to start a new beginning right now!!

Hello evryone here at DNF, I have been a member since 2007 (part time). I only own about 300 domains. When I first started I had over 1000. I let them go because I had given up. I am back now. I also own DnMama. with only 38 customers.(A big reason for only having this many customers is because I havent presented myself) I work in a Hospital. And play with domains in my spare time. I am 45 years old. Love to Hunt and Fish. Thanks to everyone that has helped me out when I asked questions. Todd

kyria

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got an identical one about 10 minutes ago. I told him the price, but told him not to bother replying if he wants me to appraise the domain. Bet he will not answer?

kyria

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got an identical one about 10 minutes ago. I told him the price, but told him not to bother replying if he wants me to appraise the domain. Bet he will not answer?

kyria

Don't bother to reply. Just delete them. And add a filter in your email client :)

supermance

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi, a got the same email 6 months ago :), yes they're scam

kyria

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About a year ago I was quite active on the 419eaters site having fun with the Nigerian type scammers. Pitty I no longer have time to play with these lowlives...although I'm quite tempted to follow up with this guy...

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
received the same thing. I told them I already sold it and its not available and they keep insisting me to get an appraisal as if they are ignoring my messages.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got those every now and then emails, and go to junk box straight lol

waste of time and waste of money

I use to own a random 4 Letter with letters like zxq domain, and i dropped it 2 years ago lol, and people even send me they want to buy and after the appraisal.

complete BS

Last edited:

drondeau

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
HI

Lot's of people get these type of emails.. and I just reply if you want an appraisal for my domains you want to buy then you pay for the appraisal and I will take the cost of the price of the domains when you are ready to buy.

Thx
Tom

Yeah, thats the exact same response I give - I never hear back from these guys :)

ops8086

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do not trust this guy, he sent an identical email in the last days for my domain and offered my 10,000 USD for a domain that is worth no more than 50 USD.

It is a scam, if you search on Google you see a lot of people received that identical email, and say about this scam.

Please, don't trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom