Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed swineflu.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How is it immoral? We're businessmen, bottom line. The trick to these domains are to sell them during the hype. The swine flu will probably be squashed just like the bird flu was so sell them during this period when it's in the media.

agree %100 making money is never immoral

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually just expanded this somewhat on another site, .

Because I am using RSS feeds and Google Map, I think it is important to clarify that this information provided is not from you.

This site is for information purposes only.
We are not affiliated with the CDC, Dr. Gupta, Google, WHO, or any local, state, national or international agency.
We are not responsible for any informaiton presented as this is done on an RSS feed basis from the sites/sources indicated.
No information given constitutes medical opinion, advice or treatment.
Always consult your physician and/or go to the Emergency Room when experiencing symptoms or illness.

By the way, the attorney consulted is a Medical Malpractice Attorney.

Thanks for updating the disclaimer, I'll update mine as well if you don't mind. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That would be as close to being completely wrong as I have heard anybody be in a long time. You can be plenty immoral making money, guess it depends on a persons morals though. Ask Mugabe about that one.

I do not however see anything wrong with monetizing swine-flu domains. The Swine Flu is just a media gimmick anyway. In Denmark, a country of 5 million, the ORDINARY flu killed 1000 people last winter. Now this new flu strain has put 150 people in the hospital in a country with a population of 110 million. Sounds less harmful than the an ordinary flu strain.

My personal theory is that the media has a fetish for disease names that has animals in them. Think I will go reg ParrotFlu.com and wait for its turn..

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you should send swineflu.net to sedo auction while its hot you will get good cash for it i inquired about the .com the guy wants 40k i think its a huge gamble it could die out like bird flue but good luck your better off selling while its hot.

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use this disclaimer for my sites:

http://www.sitedisclaimer.com/AvianFlu.shtml

Congrats on the nice names Pandemic, as I wasn't paying enough attention in recent times to get in on 'swine flu' domains early enough.

To note a measure of public response thou to the events at hand, I have had PandemicAlertLevel.com operating for yrs now and from 14 hits just the other day it now gets 100,000 a day. At Level 5 now - there is only 1 phase left to climb to, so it will be interesting to see what happens next.

Best of Luck & Success in All Your Endeavours!

Please keep us up to date on how developments :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you should send swineflu.net to sedo auction while its hot you will get good cash for it i inquired about the .com the guy wants 40k i think its a huge gamble it could die out like bird flue but good luck your better off selling while its hot.
I believe that name in dot com sold tonight, according to the owner statement on Twitter.

Thanks for updating the disclaimer, I'll update mine as well if you don't mind. :)
Just is good practice to have all bases (and your arse) covered.

shlunk

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I registered and developed < link removed> a couple of days ago, with an auto-posting Wordpress plugin grabbing stuff from a combined RSS feed from Yahoo! Pipes.. Seems to be doing OK at the moment, but I don't really know what to do with it... If anyone has any suggestions or would like to help me out with it, let me know. Like the fella above, I'm not really interested in selling right now, just want to make it a useful site.

Last edited by a moderator:

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

That's a sad statement to your perspective, as Greed is what ruins the World. Greed is inherent in money and therefore has an element of immorality in it - whereby making money could NEVER be 100% moral.

For example, with the American greed bubble now bursting and ruining the World economy. Greed breeds mean deeds.

Apatheic conformity to wrong-doing has never made the World a better place.

It's those WITH morals whom are remediating the problems the self-centered greedy people caused.

The real statement is: Making Money is never 100% moral.

Think aboot it.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NOTICE!!

To all persons replying.

All other links and posting of other domains were removed.

DO NOT post links to your domains or websites here or post what similar names you bought in this thread.

Start your own thread.

VictorLazlo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I`d wait a few months. This bug may mutate and combine w/regular flu next winter and be bigger problem.

I have a few names that I'm looking to get appraised and to sell. An hour ago, the WHO raised the Pandemic Alert Level to phase 4, which means we are going into a full blown pandemic. Here is the link to the WHO confirming they raised the Alert Level:

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/index.html

Anyway, assuming we're entering the pandemic, and considering this flu strain is quite lethal as 50% of all patients in Mexico required hospitalization (with 149 dead), any idea what these names might be worth?

swineflu.net
swinefluinfo.com
swinefluinformatiom.com
swineflunews.com
Swinefluforum.com
swineflublog.com

Thanks.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's immoral to try and make a profit off the name swine flu. This is not a laughing matter. People are dying from this virus.

So... are doctors immoral because they make money for treating disease? how can this be immoral?

Sorry, I strongly disagree. As for valuation... IMO the dotnet might fetch 1000 bucks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So... are doctors immoral because they make money for treating disease? how can this be immoral?

Sorry, I strongly disagree. As for valuation... IMO the dotnet might fetch 1000 bucks.
A doc is going to make the same in the ER if he treats a swine flu patient, a person with a hang nail, gunshot wound, or a rape victim.

Pandemic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is immoral to make money off the swine flu, although I don't have any intention to do so as of yet, but if I do, I wouldn't have a problem with it. I have dedicated the last 4 year bringing attention to pandemic flu awareness at my own expense. This whole thing has been one big money pit for me. I did in fact beat everybody to purchasing the swine flu domains a few weeks ago as I of course have a few days notice on anything that's happening regarding this particular issue.

Anyway, the swine flu pandemic could be going for the next 3-5 years. If it reassorts with H5N1, then the party is going to end real fast. At best, if the virus "does not" change, we are still looking at a pandemic equal to that of 1957. If the virus reassorts with h5n1 over the next month or two, then it will be more like the 1918 pandemic. I will keep you all posted if there are any changes in the virus so you all can get a jump on things before it hits the main stream media.

Interesting read for you all:

May 11, 2009 05:17 PM ET | Nancy Shute | Permanent Link | Print
Swine flu spreads easily enough and infects enough people to spark a global pandemic, according to a new analysis by the World HealthScience “because it contains important public health information.” The bottom line: We’re not safe yet, despite the Monday-morning feeling that swine flu is last week’s news. This may be just the first weeks of a three-to-five-year pandemic, with wave after wave of sickness and death. Organization’s Rapid Pandemic Assessment Collaboration.

It’s still impossible to tell how bad H1N1 is going to be, the WHO team says. But by looking back at how many cases there have been in Mexico (many more than the 4,694 confirmed cases listed by WHO) and by tracking the virus’s spread through international travel, the WHO researchers were able to get a better sense of how dangerous this bug is. Here are the key numbers:

◦About 23,000 people fell ill in Mexico by April 30, the scientists estimate, giving the outbreak a death rate of between 0.3 and 1.5 percent, about the same as in the 1957 global flu pandemic. By comparison, the death rate in the 1918 flu pandemic was about 2.5 percent. Mexican health officials said the two groups most likely to die were previously healthy young people who deteriorated rapidly with acute pneumonia and people with chronic health conditions such as cardiovascular disease or tuberculosis.
◦Children were twice as likely as adults to fall ill with swine flu, with 61 percent of children under age 15 infected in La Gloria, Mexico, the village where the outbreak was discovered. Just 29 percent of residents over age 15 got sick. Those numbers are comparable to or higher than those seen in previous flu pandemics.
◦This virus causes 1.4 to 1.6 new cases of flu from each infected person, on average, which is similar to or lower than the pandemics of 1918, 1957, and 1968.
◦

These numbers mean that swine flu/H1N1 is acting like a pandemic flu, and that we should act as if it’s a pandemic, too. There’s still not enough good information to know if it makes sense to close schools or use other social-distancing measures to save lives, say the WHO researchers.

But this latest analysis supports the argument of WHO Director-General Margaret Chan and other global health experts that we should be getting ready for more trouble. An article on swine flu in last week’s New England Journal of Medicine pointed out that in the three 20th-century pandemics, multiple waves of outbreaks caused increased numbers of deaths for three to five years.

The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has estimated that a medium-level pandemic in the United States could kill 89,000 to 207,000 people and affect 15 to 35 percent of the population. By contrast, the CDC estimates that regular seasonal flu kills about 36,000 people a year, most of them elderly.

Don’t throw out the hand sanitizer; we’re in this for the long haul.

Resources: Earlier I wrote about the CDC’s new game plan for flu-related school closures. A risk-management expert gave good advice on how to help your family manage swine flu fears. And Ted Epperly, the president of the American Academy of Family Physicians, told me how to stockpile food and medical supplies for a pandemic.

Pandemic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe the new flu will weed out the bad apples like dominator eh? I suppose we can only hope....

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The biggest issue is people have no idea what pandemic means.

They would have to look it up.

Gee, that takes time and brain cells.

I am still getting daily updates from CDC, FEMA, WHO, Homeland Security, HHS, CORT, SORT, SCCM, and others.

People should be kissing a pig thankful that the international system of alerts was activated earlier.

And as far as the comment of doctors making money off swine flu so why shouldn't domainers?

Well, doctors will always make money off of idiots who don't listen, don't pay attention, put themselves at risk, and who say "it will never happen to me".

Just remember...when you stick your head in the sand your ass is exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom