• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Syncora.com :: Is it more valuable then I think it is?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

infernostudio

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
292
Reaction score
0
I was just offered 5K for my domain name Syncora*com.
Even though it seems like a reasonable price, I am a bit nervous because the buyer had no issue accepting my price.

Is there something I am missing?

I researched and it seems that there is a syncora*net developed website for an IT company, not sure but it seems linked to microsoft somehow. There is also lots of info out there for a financial type company that is changing their name to S.yncora Holding Ltd.

Hope I can get some fresh eyes on this because I am not really sure what to do at this point ...

Thanks in advance for your input!
 
Last edited:
Its probably worth about $50, so you should take the money and run. It's probably an end user, if you don't take the offer, you will probably never get another offer over $50
 
Yah, I know ... but something is telling me that I am missing something.
It's legit ... he is waiting for me to get the escrow process started.

You might be right ... might be used to develop.
 
Word Mark SYNCORA
Goods and Services IC 036. US 100 101 102. G & S: financial guarantee services; namely, providing insurance to cover bonds and other investments from the risk of default; credit enhancement services in the nature of finanacial guarantee and debt refinancing
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 77156459
Filing Date April 13, 2007
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Published for Opposition April 1, 2008
Owner (APPLICANT) Security Capital Assurance Ltd. CORPORATION BERMUDA One Bermudiana Road Hamilton HM 11 BERMUDA
Attorney of Record James E Rosini
Type of Mark SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
 
Looks like a decent offer for a tm. Accept it and thank your lucky stars :D
 
5k is a great price for this name...I would not bother with how much you "could have" gotten after you know the enduser...this offer most likely surpassed your imagination on what you could get for it.
 
Absolutely ... I was initially going to develop the domain.
 
If I were you, I'd ask a mod to take the '.' out of the thread title.
 
Thanks guys.
Escrow transaction is getting completed.

** Could I get a mod to remove the .com on title and any posts?
Thanks :)
 

Thanks!
I appreciate everyones help :)

I'm anxious to see what this domain name will be used for:
IT site or Financial site ...
Guess well see (Might be kicking myself, but at least its a learning experience).
 
Yes, congrats, please let us know when Escrow clears.
 
Domain sold/transfered, payment received :)
Not bad for a $65 investment, hehe.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, congrats. I would have asked for 10k and met them half way but 5k is nothing to sneeze at.

I bet almost certainly that it will be used for this holding company that is changing their name (as per most of the Google results).
 
Yeah, congrats. I would have asked for 10k and met them half way but 5k is nothing to sneeze at.

I bet almost certainly that it will be used for this holding company that is changing their name (as per most of the Google results).

I was thinking of that too but the sale had to be made quick and since there is a TM on SYNCORA, I was not willing to take that chance and lose the sale entirely.

The sale started at $350 and I got it up to 5K (I actually went that high because I didn't really want to sell it in the first place since I was just starting to develop a website for that domain name. But when my price was accepted I was shocked and couldn't refuse.)

Live and learn I guess.
But still pretty happy about the overall turnout since I wasn't even expecting to sell the domain in the first place ... especially in the mid X,XXX.
 
You made a great deal....perfect end user sale!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom