• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

T.R.A.F.F.I.C. exposure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer heaven.com
but that's another story................
Pred :sick:
 
Isnlt hell.com that secret domain forum ? ;)
 
Hi Denny,
yeah believe so, website combined with name on offer i think.
don't want to visit as having bad enough day, don't want to go to hell too!
Pred :yo:
 
Im quite confident I wouldnt drop seven figures on that domain. Personally, I would prefer auction or elections.

You have to be excited to see it listed front page on the Journal, with article on page two of the Marketplace. Very nice.
 
Bloody hell, I see he has a Google search box on his site.

I should know this but; will the owner of hell.com be earning PPC from the results of the Google searches done on his site ?

If so I quite fancy setting that up for my 'rage' site. Would PPC via a search box be easy to set up?

Im quite confident I wouldnt drop seven figures on that domain. Personally, I would prefer auction or elections.

Yeah I prefer 'Auction'. Any future customer services department for 'Hell' would get loads of stick. But still a GREAT name.
 
Hi Creature,
yeah you can bung a google search box on when doing your adsense set up. It will then list sponsored links i believe. You get the clicks from them. Think that's how it works.
Pred

NB: Auction is the best domain being sold without doubt.
 
I agree. Auction.com will sell for the most out of any of those.. It's an AUCTION.. for AUCTION.COM... It's an instant business for whoever buys it.
 
Cameras.com just sold for $1.5 million in the auction.
 
And the big HELL.COM sold for...

*drumroll*

N/A.. Everybody thought it was overpriced and the auctioneer passed on it within seconds of starting the bidding. It opened at $2.5 MIL I believe. That price doesn't seem TOO crazy, but I guess the current market interest said no to it.

I found it funny that Cameras.com sold for $1.5 MIL, but DigitalCameras.com came along later and tried to START out at $1.5 MIL... LOL! Bad timing I guess. Wrong place and wrong time for sure. There's no way anybody was going to spend that much knowing they could have owned Cameras.com instead for the same price.

There were a lot of overpriced domains in this.. such as auction.com for $8 MIL? Crazy if you ask me. Nobody even blinked an eye when that one was passed on.

And I'm not a .mobi fan or supporter by any means, but there were quite a few solid .mobi sales including FUN.MOBI for $90K I believe. (Although it may have been even higher than that. I may have missed part of that auction)
 
cameras.com sounded like a reasonable deal. Within a few years, people will automatically think the "digital" part when thinking about most cameras so digitalcameras.com will gradually decline in value (it may not have peaked yet though) but whatever technology is behind it, they're still going to be called cameras!
 
Hell.com was a little bit overprized...it is ridiculous to hear that the opening bid price was $2.5m...lol.. But cameras.com was definitely a good name with a lot of value.
 
That article makes the domain business look silly - here's how...

The story headline alone is bad:

Web domain Hell.com hath no takers
Organizers hoped the online address would get bids of more than $1 million.

Then the article mentions these Aronson's comments regarding hell.com:

"Branding experts said the name is recognized more than Coca-Cola," said Aronson. "It's so enigmatic and the person who buys it has the potential to make it a very big portal."

What! Hell.com more recognized than Coca-Cola? ... I honestly never heard of nor visited hell.com until reading the CNN story. Hell.com is a nice domain for sure, but more brandable than Coca-Cola ... no way!

The article will peque the interest of many people and likely bring more into the business, which is good, but the article leaves many with the impression this is not a serious business - that's a shame.

Whoever does the next auction, please price some of the exceptional domains so they sell, and further make a concerted effort to get the news media to cover those successes not the failures.

Ron
 
Domagon said:
What! Hell.com more recognized than Coca-Cola? ... I honestly never heard of nor visited hell.com until reading the CNN story.
Maybe they should try and sell Hell to Coca Cola then? I'm sure Coke would be happy owning a (domain) name more recognized than their (own) brand, and they sure would have an easy time coughing up the cash! Plus it'd be a match made in -er- Heaven.
 
It's frustrating that the media singled out hell.com in every article I read in the lead-up to the auction. There were dozens of better names in the list, but they picked that one out and then, when it didn't sell, singled it out again in the headlines which made the auction sound like a failure.

As an aside, the CNN article says Gary Kremen is the owner of Match.com - didn't he sell it in 1997 for $50,000? Obviously a well-researched article.. (http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.08/sex_com.html)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom