Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR - Mar 23rd, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very nice... Congrats!

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

my two favs this week

eclassifieds.ca
watertanks.ca

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was targeting breeders.ca but couldn't find any way into the auction.

-=DCG=-

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I tried at 3 different registrars but not the right one!

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It looks like pool.com didn't participate again. I went thru all the registrars with the strange names, and it appears non belongs to them.

Maybe just an idle thought but they have to have money on deposit with CIRA before they can run??? Could it be????

Daddys4

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got HostingCompanies.ca. Anybody knows what were the prices for LN / NL.ca names. I think 2 of 3 end up being auctioned at Sibername

Provider here are some final prices from todays auction @ sibername:
s2.ca $650
transfers.ca $420
g3.ca $311
billionaire.ca $300
oilprices.ca $210
pvb.ca $75
drugaddict.ca $60
ajv.ca $50
placebo.ca $50

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe just an idle thought but they have to have money on deposit with CIRA before they can run??? Could it be????

I have my greatest doubts on that.. it cannot be so by any means.. Pool.. no money in at CIRA.. surely not.. just a call would have settled that issue!! But this is something else for sure.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

A good break indeed!! Oh.. extended March break!! That's what it is...March Break Syndrome, may I call it...

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they were out lining up for Ipad 2's overnight... maybe not.

Spoke to someone at Pool today, they were unaware that they didn't catch anything in the last 2 weeks. hmmmm.

They are looking into the issue now.

Sounds like they never adjusted for the time change.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update from pool.com - Seems they just needed my wake up call. ;)

Hello Adam,

I am contacting you this morning to follow up on our phone conversation a few minutes ago.

You had reported that it seemed we have not acquired .ca domains over the past two weeks, and therefore I had escalated your comments to our managers.

I just received a response back advising that we recently found an issue that did unfortunately affect our success rate for .ca backorders and we do apologize for any inconvenience. The issue is now fixed so we fully expect that our success rates for .ca backorders will return back to normal levels next week.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Jamie H
Pool.com Customer Service

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seems like deja-vu all over again

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'd think someone from one of the many registrars would have noticed that no domains were caught...

Interesting to see how under the radar that went.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hello Adam,

I am contacting you this morning to follow up on our phone conversation a few minutes ago.

You had reported that it seemed we have not acquired .ca domains over the past two weeks, and therefore I had escalated your comments to our managers.

I just received a response back advising that we recently found an issue that did unfortunately affect our success rate for .ca backorders and we do apologize for any inconvenience. The issue is now fixed so we fully expect that our success rates for .ca backorders will return back to normal levels next week.

Regards,
Jamie H

Like I said, all they need to do wait until the first Sunday in November and then they will be back in the game.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Provider here are some final prices from todays auction @ sibername:
s2.ca $650
transfers.ca $420
g3.ca $311
billionaire.ca $300
oilprices.ca $210
pvb.ca $75
drugaddict.ca $60
ajv.ca $50
placebo.ca $50

thanks for the list. These all look pretty low. What's happening with .ca lately?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the list. These all look pretty low. What's happening with .ca lately?

Not many domainers have cash to lay out now even if they want the names, I pulled out of a few not wanting to go too high.

-=DCG=-

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Hello Adam,

Regards,
Jamie H

I emailed them last week, and taking reply to your email into consideration, it seems that pool.com tries to avoid acknowledging that they didn't participate in TBR at all. From my email last week:

" ... To my current knowledge we did participate in Wednesday's .ca drop, so at this time I do not know why we were unable to acquire the domains you may have wanted."

From your email this week:
"...we recently found an issue that did unfortunately affect our success rate for .ca backorders".

We all know by now that the issue is not with the success rate, we are talking about them not participating AT ALL

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Zero success is a rate of 0%, so they can say they it as they will. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom