Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR May 4 2011 - Not much good in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This looks like a really weak TBR, not much of interest to me, maybe only 3 or 4.

-=DCG=-

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I saw the two 3 chars to be interesting and a one more, which has great potential.. but on the whole a weak week!!

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anyone get fmg? if so contact me with your price

thanks

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HugeGrowth, in many cases, not the best domain names get picked first. Especially the case if any of the registrars with large number of TBR registrars involved (I know it sounds confusing).

For instance this week TodaysDeal.ca is in first place, so most of the people assume right away that this domain name received the most bids somewhere. So, we check who got it, and it turns out that this registrars belongs to Pool.com. As you know Pool.com has all the bids at $60, so the only way it can determine which name is more valuable is by manually looking at them, or checking the number of bids customers placed for this domain name. Keep in mind though, that Pool.com has sooooooooooo many TBR registrars that they don't need to prioritize at all.

Let's say they have 150 registrars, but at the same time about only 50 names pre-ordered for yesterday's TBR run. That means Pool's registrar assigned to catch 333.ca will be competing with Pool's registrar assigned to catch TodaysDeal.ca. I am not sure how their algorithm works, but they probably have few of them, so nobody knows what registrar will win. Sometimes domain names valuable less picked up first. Same happens with Sibername and other smaller registrars.

Just to prove my point - I got domain name TodaysDeal yesterday at Pool. There were no other bidders, nobody except me thinks it is worth $67 (with tax) so there is no auction. At the same time 333.ca has many bids, but it was caught later.

Last edited:

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting question. I might be mistaken but I think the names don't drop at the same time. I think what happens is that the TBR process allows registrars to "kind of place bids" and whoever did that first chooses the name from the still available. The bids for the same domain that was caught probably get canceled. So, the registrars with large number of TBR registrars and goo algorithms win all the time (Sibername, Pool). MyID is also good, but they don't pickup at the top

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just to prove my point - I got domain name TodaysDeal yesterday at Pool. There were no other bidders, nobody except me thinks it is worth $67 (with tax) so there is no auction. At the same time 333.ca has many bids, but it was caught later.

That's downright shocking that todaysdeal went down that way. I gave up on 333.ca about 5 bids in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators