Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR - October 26th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Will there be any domain names starting with the letter x? Will the TBR market continue to decline? Stay tuned!

Domain summit 2024

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK lets see.. I thought there were a few this week. Looks like the market will decline till December..

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It could be in December that we see an 8k TBR week.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I took the last two weeks off of TBR and seem to have missed nothing good...

Adam

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No you did not, that is for sure. It is scary to think we took about one out of every four of five domain names in the TBR - to me that means the market is pretty thin.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed Adam....you changed from DotComGod to Adam Dicker...back to life with us mortals ;):)

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I should have sat them out.

I only caught a few. Nothing I couldn't have gone without. :)

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So another 4200 domains this week??? I think this has been the case for many weeks now..

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only a handful of names for me this week.

I seriously can't believe that libertytax is dropping. Didn't liberty tax just fight this out and win it in 2009?

I love a good TM risk. But this one is just asking for trouble. No matter how stupid they were to have not renewed it.

Would love to see how it plays out though. Not for me, that's for sure.

You know it's an otherwise weak week when you see no .ca's on Pool's homepage.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So who is eating all the pastries today??

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I received the notification for this posting just as I received payment receipt from MyID.ca :)

I got two this week. Leaving one undisclosed, the other being condosold. Seems pretty brandable for my real estate endeavours. I've spent a worse $22 before ;)

What I'm curious to know, is who is "7889020 Canada Inc"? They got halifaxcondos, and that was right up there on my list (and apparently everyone else's, being snatched just second).

Now, you'll get a laugh out of this story...

I was doing a night shift this evening. I saw it was about 6:30, so I decided to whip out my phone and see what the TBR results were.

Scanning down the list, I'm having a look at what names went. I was satisfied to see that I didn't miss any big ones. I already got the notice that two names which I cared about were acquired by myid.ca, was just curious about the rest of this week.

Then, I pass by #39. morn.

Well, on my blackberry's screen, the "rn" in "morn" looked like an "m". My jaw dropped and curses flew from my mouth in disbelief. Coworkers asked what the matter was, I tried to assure them it was nothing.

Yep. I was entirely persuaded that "mom(.)ca" had dropped and gone #39 on the list, and worst of all, I hadn't even noticed it.

Only a few minutes ago did I notice it was "morn". Which gave me an indescribable amount of relief.

How'd everyone else do?

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the notification for this posting just as I received payment receipt from MyID.ca :)

Well, on my blackberry's screen, the "rn" in "morn" looked like an "m". My jaw dropped and curses flew from my mouth in disbelief. Coworkers asked what the matter was, I tried to assure them it was nothing.
Yep. I was entirely persuaded that "mom(.)ca" had dropped and gone #39 on the list, and worst of all, I hadn't even noticed it.
Only a few minutes ago did I notice it was "morn". Which gave me an indescribable amount of relief.
How'd everyone else do?

Very interesting and reading your post, I initially thought if I overlooked that domain myself!! LOL

All what I saw in the list were, some tasty Pastries stuffed in the Collars of some RoughRiders !!!

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very interesting and reading your post, I initially thought if I overlooked that domain myself!! LOL

All what I saw in the list were, some tasty Pastries stuffed in the Collars of some RoughRiders !!!

Like I said, the one that stuck out to me the most was libertytax. There is no chance that anybody could hold up ownership of that name. Not even with the best lawyer.

It will be quite interesting to see how it plays out.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I got two this week. Leaving one undisclosed, the other being condosold. Seems pretty brandable for my real estate endeavours. I've spent a worse $22 before ;)

What I'm curious to know, is who is "7889020 Canada Inc"? They got halifaxcondos, and that was right up there on my list (and apparently everyone else's, being snatched just second).

Now, you'll get a laugh out of this story...

I was doing a night shift this evening. I saw it was about 6:30, so I decided to whip out my phone and see what the TBR results were.

Scanning down the list, I'm having a look at what names went. I was satisfied to see that I didn't miss any big ones. I already got the notice that two names which I cared about were acquired by myid.ca, was just curious about the rest of this week.

How'd everyone else do?

Ah yes reminds me of the time I thought I got shopping.com. Turned out the i was an L. Time to get glasses my friend.....

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ah yes reminds me of the time I thought I got shopping.com. Turned out the i was an L. Time to get glasses my friend.....

I'll go shopplng for a new pair ;)

Been wearing contacts since I was 14 years old. It just seems that my blackberry's screen isn't the best for TBR-ing on.

But then again, I could just attribute it to wishful thinking that we'd finally have a name such as mom dot ca on TBR.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I could not believe it - I was in the auction for pastries.ca and forgot about it until 2 PM. :asleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators