Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tell me about Enduser srategy ..selling to

Enerika

I'M ALL EARS... "FINALLY (thanks)!"
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Being a thirsty newbie,e without any sales after 4 months, I would love to be to take advantage of the amazing pool of knowledge hereat DNForum. May I be so bold as to ask for some (tons of)your insight and ideas regarding how to develop a sense for the end how to get started in the end-user market. start to develop and apply a sense for using the end-user market? Eg., How do you determine, find and approach the right end-users in the right way. ("Oh, is that all?") !for a particular name or niche? I appreciate your knowledge as experienced Domainers and I know I'm in the right place(and don't want to have to do the work for myself...JOKING!!!) No, really, I would be dumb not to get the education where I can, right, Let's share! I'll share my smarts soon...you do credit for that? You can start laughing forever .. I don't mind, It'll be worth it!,

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
anybody can tell you to send solicitation emails, make random phone calls

but from my perspective, it's not so much about selling to an end-user, as it is, to sell for my asking price.
a domainer, reseller or enduser all have equal opportunity to buy

you try and purchase the type of domains that will appeal to the general public, in general,
and one that can be appealing to some specifically.

it's all about the names you purchase, that result in sales or not.

imo...

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi
anybody can tell you to send solicitation emails, make random phone calls

but from my perspective, it's not so much about selling to an end-user, as it is, to sell for my asking price.
a domainer, reseller or enduser all have equal opportunity to buy

you try and purchase the type of domains that will appeal to the general public, in general,
and one that can be appealing to some specifically.

it's all about the names you purchase, that result in sales or not.

imo...
Ok, Biggie
First of all, thank you for clearing things up and you are about to know how much you did so for me. I am new at attempting to be a successful domainer and , therefor am full of ...something.
Ignorance and an abundance of empty space that needs and is ready with endless foom for information and education. Also, on the bright side, I am early enough into it to not have a bunch of my own useless, unchangeable ideas and futile strategies with nothing but dumb ego holding them together. Tightly.
Here goes my first absolute dumb admittance...I did not know that all this mention of end-users meant starting out with the strategy of what domains to buy in order to appeal to the whole wide, open and endless funny and challenging market out there (and in here with all of us, as we are also a part of that...I only think selling. My thing has been just registering ".com"s...original ones coming from my own head and typing them in like working a slot machine...more of a game and not really allowing the seriousness of the real practice to bring opportunity along with failure. A lot more work I''m sure, but that surely comes along with much more satisfaction and sense of personal achievement. WORK. pretty well void of the concept of LOOKING for actual existing domain names already out there on the market.
LAUGH, (while I cry) but it is true, pathetic and SAD, but you have given me a great lesson and that opens up a whole new world of challenges and possibilities. Of more learning (infinite) and opportunities to look and be and feel absolutely awkward, foolish and, surely hopeless.
so, thanks again for my first public humiliation and gift.
So, I'm a blank page...here I go, eyes wide open...
Oh NO! Impossible ...!?
(just closed one eye)
...blinking now...it's too bright!

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In general most domain names do not warrant end user outreach. You really need a great name. Further outbounding will most often yield offers that are less than inbound offers of a magnitude of 10 or more.

Its a big issue that many people are doing outreach on very poor names. This makes end users annoyed of the frequent sales pitches of subpar domain names. In general if you have lesser quality names I would put them up for sale at platforms with end user outreach, instead of doing outreach. Afternic being prime.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so, thanks again for my first public humiliation and gift.

you shouldn't feel humiliated, as it's part of the learning process. I had to learn just like everybody else.

you learn one thing and then find that others think differently.
though the goal to sell domains, is the same,
the scrutiny of buying prior to, is rarely mentioned.

the gift you got, was when you found domaining -
what you do with that gift, as you begin to open it, absorb it, make it a part of your life.... or not, is up to you.

we are just a part of that package, but not it's entirety.

imo...

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you shouldn't feel humiliated, as it's part of the learning process. I had to learn just like everybody else.

what you do with that gift, as you begin to open it, absorb it, make it a part of your life.... or not, is up to you.

imo...
OMG
You said that right. Thanks.for saving me so much useless ...everything!
I would so much appreciate if you would consider, with your level of experience and insight, (I'm not just throwing flowers, I am humbled and will strive to be as good as you at this thing, someday) to take a tiny moment of your time to take a look at this name load (93%, bullshit zero's) that I now doubt would even be good enough for fertilizer. I am tough-skinned and am ready to feel a huge embarrassing jolt which, I hope, will NUDGE/JOLT(?) me into some semblance of reality. I really feel ready to leave behind embarrassing fantasy and start domaining for REAL. You are right in saying that finding Domaining has been the great gift to me....and just like real love, it came with a HUGE pink, falling into period with unimaginable highs at every dot com, but this is the real thing and I feel blessed and perfectly fitted for the venture, with its hard sometimes, but also the rewarding sense of accomplishment that will, most certainly. dome from much hard work and dedication. I love learning and have found, four me, that some of the greatest lessons come with a large dose of feeling dumb enough never to ever make the same mistake...something that has really caught my attention in whatever shrill way. After that comes another level of awakening (wakefulness?)again.
This is a gift to me and though it may seem like I am playing at it like a frivolous, flighty game, I am serious and looking forward to a life of adventure, always unwrapping this curious gift.
(Oh, did I mention having a quick peek look at my "newbies"?) (would have called them something else a few weeks ago, though.!)
....Okay, I would be willing to accept a few great surprises!

Last edited:

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In general most domain names do not warrant end user outreach. You really need a great name. Further outbounding will most often yield offers that are less than inbound offers of a magnitude of 10 or more.

Its a big issue that many people are doing outreach on very poor names. This makes end users annoyed of the frequent sales pitches of subpar domain names. In general if you have lesser quality names I would put them up for sale at platforms with end user outreach, instead of doing outreach. Afternic being prime.

Thanks Castion,
I was now thinking of becoming knowledgable and patient enough to search for the right names to that would (with much luck) work to attract good end-users...Am I getting the right idea, in a way?
...at all?

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes certainly. Why would you invest in domains if the goal was not to sell them with profit?

A few people ( @seek99 comes to mind) have a stated strategy of reselling domains to other investors. But that requires plenty liquidity, a well developed network and experience in what sells to other sellers.

Its a bit more approachable to have a end user aimed strategy. But regardless I would still advise you to look at buying higher quality names from the aftermarket instead of hand registering names.

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes certainly. Why would you invest in domains if the goal was not to sell them with profit?

A few people ( @seek99 comes to mind) have a stated strategy of reselling domains to other investors. But that requires plenty liquidity, a well developed network and experience in what sells to other sellers.

Its a bit more approachable to have a end user aimed strategy. But regardless I would still advise you to look at buying higher quality names from the aftermarket instead of hand registering names.
I've got so much to learn.

Enerika

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

imo...
I read that so differently last time. Okay now, back to basics, open (...closed just enough to some at the right times) mind and sell domains.
...I understand what I mean and think (for the moment) I got more out of the advice offered. (different things)
Important for me not to act too fast.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom