Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Texas? Dalas/Houston Anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oemedia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont know if any of you metroplex people ever go to lone star park on the fourth but that is where we usually go to have a good time with the family so if you want to go let me know would love to meet anyone that can make it.

rgremill

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
rgremill, I'd be fine with meeting in Kemah, for that matter.

Let's do it. Let's meet in Houston. (I know as soon as I post specifics no one will respond and I will be all alone!)

My schedule is very flexible, but I'll post my suggestions to get the ball rolling.

I propose meeting in Houston, Wednesday July 9th for 11:30 lunch at Fuddruckers at 290 North of Pinemont.
For an agenda, I propose that we each come prepared to introduce ourselves and our web businesses, this could take a few hours by itself.
We can also bring our domain lists if wanted.
Anyone who wants to can bring their laptop(s) so we can peruse the web during the discussion. I'll bring my portable WiFi router.

I hope that by the end of the discussion might have some ideas of not only how we can improve our businesses on our own, but also how we can possibly help each other.

I count 8 people in this thread from Houston, please let me know what you think....

I will not be able to make today's meeting. I may be going to Dallas this afternoon and can't afford to take a 3 hour lunch. Lunch meetings will probably not work for me. I can meet after hours, 5:30 PM onwards. And weekends would work too.

Please let me know how today's meeting goes and the date and place of the next one!

A Kemah meeting would great too!

Last edited:

dataguy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks as if no one can make it to today's Houston meeting but me... at least I tried!

rgremill

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't give up. The Houston Ruby group took a while to get going...

namesdencom

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
preparing to go to the GEO domain conference tomorrow in Chicago. Will be back in town on Monday.

1100 domain names in our portfolio. Located in the SH249 FM1960 area and would be glad to meet and share news from the GEO conference with anyone in Houston area. PM me to arrange.

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Im on 1960 and 45!!!!!!!!! BUT, I leave on the 18th for Italy for a full month! Would love to get together when I get back.

babbitt

Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just found this thread.....I'm in Houston. Let me know if anything is scheduled for Houston or Austin in the future. 1960 & I-45.

oemedia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

The final preparations are being made for the Texas Domainers And Developers Convention. The website will be finalized shortly with the additional information. We will be limited to about 600 attendees it looks like and we have had a huge response so if you still want a ticket, please go to www.tdadc.com and take care of that. Also read up on the live domain auction we added to the schedule. If anyone has any questions let me know at [email protected] . If you guys need anything let me know! You can read more about the convention in our other dnforum thread or on the website.

texeyes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.tdadc.com

I am excited about the Texas Domain Convention coming up! I hope to see my fellow Austin Domainers in Dallas for the event!

I am leaving Monday morning and coming back Thursday if anyone is interested in a free ride.

princehull

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm in Waco. Would like to go but don't think my schedule will allow me

longhorn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same with me. Won't be able to attend but looks like a very solid setup.

oemedia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Just letting you know the 2008 Texas Domainers And Developers Convention is quickly taking shape, and coming up in just a little over a week. We will have hundreds of domainers and developers there and it should be a great time had by all. We will be still updating the website throughout the week.

We do have a few passes left, so if you are interested in going let me know, and we will extend that expired DNF discount to you. [email protected]

www.tdadc.com

Hope to see you all there!

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sounds like a great idea. I'm in Austin myself. Would be great to have a round-table discussion over some lone stars and margeritas :)

the other neat thing about Austin is that its also home to Modern Domainer magazine

If enough people are serious we could even try to facilitate this into some type of sponsored event. I've been thinking of getting in touch with them anyway so I'd be happy to take the lead in contacting them.

I think having the local monthly meetups is still a great idea since i doubt everyone would care to drive out to Austin 12 times a year. So lets do that and then we can organize a semi-annual Texan Domainers event here in Austin! I'm willing to do a lot of the legwork. What do y'all say? :)

Hey, great to see this materialize. ;) :D Would love to go but I'm still a part-time domainer with a full time job and at this point it is short notice for me to take off. I hope there will be more though :yes:

oemedia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
We just got confirmation on another speaker for TDADC this year. Dan Zarrella an absoulte viral marketing and social networking genious will be speaking on November 6th.
www.tdadc.com

texeyes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I booked the room last night. There are many places to eat near the convention and the hotel, along with free transportation to the event.

Anyone else from Austin going to the only Texas Domainers Event in Texas?

If anyone wants to ride up together, I have 2 available seats left, leaving Monday morning.

Texas Domain Convention:(Next Week)
http://www.tdadc.com/

Oh yea, 'longhorn' Did you know Longhorn.com is one of the domains being auctioned off at the event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom