Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

TEXAS RULEs!!!!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.

:cool:
GottaLoveTexas 4sure!

Broadband Service Providers Grande & ClearSource to Merge
AUSTIN, TEXAS -- Grande Communications and ClearSource have agreed to merge their broadband service provider operations in a stock-swap. The merged company will be known as Grande Communications and will operate out of Grande's headquarters in San Marcos, Texas. The two companies have collectively raised $517 million to date. Full financial terms of the deal, which is expected to close within 60 to 120 days, were not disclosed. [full story]
http://www.clearsource.com
http://www.grandecom.com

Domain summit 2024

it's a rather simple concept...

Domain Name buyers, should be abreast of the VC money, and where it's goiN, and who's getN the money.. so that the Domian Name Buyers... can focus on buyN names which will appeal to the biz associated with the latest tech advancements.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Agree with Wanda - i read everything about latest developments in technology,consumer products, lifestyle and other categories i can get hold of.Everything that in any way attracts the masses or is connected to big money is definately relevant for my lil' domain business.4 instance, if i would have been a little bit faster in reading about DataPlay - i would have registered Dataplay.com
Too late this time.
But next time.:)

Many domain registrants read business news etc, but that doesn't make it domain news - otherwise every single story from cnn becomes domain news and this site will drown in a sea of irrelevant garbage posts.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Apparently neither Wanda herself or the moderators seem particularly interested in this issue, Safesys.

Clearly Wanda sees it as limitation on her freedoms to actually be discriminating, and the moderators seem happy to let her dozens and dozens of nonsensical cheerleading posts continue.

Too bad. Maybe it's time to build another board.

There are some good people on this board, but they seem to have gone quieter or dumbed down their posts of late.

There is real scope for a domain board aimed at professional domain sellers/buyers/users: one that is respected by its participants rather than teated primarily as a buddy community.

Imagine if you had a car dealers board and everytime someone said they had a new car on their lot other dealers came out with nonsensical comments and obvious ego stroking - it just wouldn't be tolerated.

And people wonder why domain holders are not taken seriously.

Maybe SafeSys & DNpowerful, could start a 'Wanda Hate' thread. That way, you could both talk back & forth with eachother about msWandaMay, and how awful she is & such.. won't bother me.. cause the proof of my valid, helpful, free utility tools, dn news, articles, info on Registrants & drop names & appraisals would make up 90% of my posts here at the DNforum. The other 10% of my 'frolking' fun posts.. seem to be the one's that real get under your skin... Well, I can assure you.. that you 'get what you give in life'... how much valid info have you contributed DNpowerful? How 'positive' of an influence are you on folks? Do you consider yourself one who likes to 'bring the house up'.. or 'bring um all down'... you are a very oppressive/suppressive individual... Every day when you wake up, you have the POWER to decide how your day will go.. will it be uplifting/positive, or will you suck up to the slave deamon of 'selfishness'.. Thats the choice we all make every day... GoodLuck with your new forum board, i am sure you will have many followers.. who like to live in suppression...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
Many domain registrants read business news etc, but that doesn't make it domain news - otherwise every single story from cnn becomes domain news and this site will drown in a sea of irrelevant garbage posts.

Agree 100% on this issue. While general knowledge is good regarding domains, that is what the Newspapers, Magazines, CNN CNBC & Tom Brokaw are for.

Many posts of some members here are not at all relevant, including poems, astronomy subjects & off-subject news reports and other odd off-topic misc stuff.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Safesys, you are correct. I have watched the room go silent, including anything approaching moderation. 99% of people never complain, they just drift away, frustrated.

It's too bad. Dan has done something good here. Unfortunately, he obviously sees nothing wrong with Wanda's 3200 repeating posts (how many times did she post CherryKisses in one day? The thread should be titled: "Please love me! (and my crappy name)).

So, until Dan does something about it, for me this becomes just another Afternic wank board, great for posting names for sale, but little else.

Originally posted by DnPowerful
Safesys, you are correct. I have watched the room go silent, including anything approaching moderation. 99% of people never complain, they just drift away, frustrated.

It's too bad. Dan has done something good here. Unfortunately, he obviously sees nothing wrong with Wanda's 3200 repeating posts (how many times did she post CherryKisses in one day? The thread should be titled: "Please love me! (and my crappy name)).

So, until Dan does something about it, for me this becomes just another Afternic wank board, great for posting names for sale, but little else.

Well DNpowerful.. i took it upon myself, to do the math on the # of 'for sale' and 'please app's' posts for the ungodly, trashy, worthless, invaluable name CherryKisses.com Here's the ticker totals..

in the 4M category " Appraisals'
CherryKisses.com was listed within the past 10 days 3 times.
There were a total of 59 views of the post, and a total of 4 reply's to the post.

in the 4M category 'for sale'
CherryKisses.com was listed 3 times,
and rec'd a total of 33 views.. and a total of 3 replies.

So the GRANDE TOTAL for the awesome name
CherryKisses.com
is a totol of 6 posts, 7 replies & a total of 92 member views.

got a problem with that?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DnPowerful

That's one reason I am reducing my posts here, too much off-topic posting and nonsense posts. Also, one person has taken over the Board and dominated it. :sad:

The same thing happened at Afternic Forums where 'Radios' aka Suem.com totally dominated the Board there, with the big time poster here running a strong second at AN.

I think all those BS posts by a few way overly active and also frequently off-topic 'contributors' at AN may be a contributing factors in them shutting it all down, but I am sure there were other reasons also, including the constant obscenities, and also hatred toward Afternic itself by many.

By the way, AfternicSucks.com is definately true! They suck big time. I am surprised anyone still goes there or uses them. :mad:

i have never visited http://AfternicSucks.com

it's not of use to me.

however, regarding your comments.

a) radio's yes.. did have multi names, but he ALWAYS told the clan, when his name was gonna change, and start a new thread on his topic/ie: Radio's never hid behind a name.

b) Radio's had some 'wild ideas' which many i thought were grand.. and others, i did express my doubt in.

c)Loosen your turban... not much oxygen gettN to your brain.

are you an ARab?

just ckN.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Official Account
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is getting way off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators