Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

The Best DNF Member of 2006 Award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
999,999? :wink:

...if not, then no deal. hehehehe

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you telling the forum members that my brother is guilty of doing something illegal, and that I'm aiding him in this illegal act? If you are, say so straight out instead of hiding behind some bullchit question and then run away like a wuss.

I don't know but from the info I've put together it looks like it. If he stole Xerox property and you are holding it for him as his cover, then yeah, I'd say just that.

As marketing head, he has every right to hold that name and any other Xerox related name he chooses.

Is that right? Your brother can take property that belongs to the shareholders of Xerox because he is in their marketing department? And you've already said that he's not holding it, you are. Why? Because he doesn't know how to hold domains himself?

Yeah we are all the same thing fyi....and honestly who cares about stoc's xerox name or his brothers or whatever, it's not xerox.com and it's not xerrox.com so who cares?..don't hate on him cause he might have a good thing going with it and beaten someone else to it! It's called MIND YOUR OWN BIZ! Live and let be.

I would be happy to live and let live but Stocdoctor has been riding his high horse for some time now and it's really gotten under my skin.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I could never narrow it down to one person or event. That is impossible :smilewinkgrin:

The best contributing members are quiet most the time, knowledgeable and are for the most part unseen.

I agree.

The Pain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheLegendaryJP
...the best contributing members are quiet most the time, knowledgeable and are for the most part unseen.

That says it all.

The Pain

PS. Watch out for the posers.

Domainate.com

Selling Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really win because I say so. :eek:k:
Thank you all for your votes and I will try to be a good mocus.
Nop Mocus, you won because the votes for Denny007 were deleted!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the best contributing members are quiet most the time

That would make them the best members maybe. But not necessarily the best contributing members.

I really believe that entertainment is an important function of a forum. The forum that does not entertain it's members will probably not do very well. It's important to have entertaining members on the forum as well as useful ones.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stoc You had/have the domain
You parked it - made money
So that is cyberscuatting by Your own definition
Who cares You had ok by Your brother from xerox, I think he has no rights to do it.
Shareholders should approve it.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"The Pain" always has these cryptic seemingly deep & insightful comments to make about everything and everyone else and just chime in from time to time to degrade various people as "posers" or this and that, why don't you just relax and get over yourself already bro? It's ok to just be conversational on a FORUM, I like you and so do many other members so just kick off your shoes and stop being so uptight about everything and have a chat. :eek:k:

And I say this in the most productive way my friend, we are all on the same team here. :hippie:

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your brother can take property that belongs to the shareholders of Xerox because he is in their marketing department? And you've already said that he's not holding it, you are. Why? Because he doesn't know how to hold domains himself?
Sheesh. Are you and Stuff really trying put across that you have no clue how a corporation works? To explain for the kiddies, management of the company decide all facets of marketing, including something as insignificant as domains. My brother could care less about domains, but he knows I'm into it a bit. If I see an obvious Xerox name dropping, he's asked me to try to pick them up to keep them away from the squatters. He could care less if it just sits there. He doesn't have an account at any registrar, and doesn't need or want one either.
I would be happy to live and let live but Stocdoctor has been riding his high horse for some time now and it's really gotten under my skin.
Good. Maybe if it gets under your skin enough, you'll quit squatting. Maybe if a few more like me comment, the new domainers can see that they can actually have a successful business plan without turning to the dark side.

It's people like you and Stuff and and Mr. Deleted and Denny's Squatter Squadron that give Domainers a bad rap. I don't like telling people I trade in domains and get a response of "oh, you're a cybersquatter" just because of the crap you and Denny et al scam at. You guys are ruining a good thing too. The big companies are starting to get very ticked off at the blatant TM infringement, and they are going after every sector that we have all looked at for revenue. Don't be surprised if ppc parking pages are eliminated by Google, Yahoo etc (thru an opt out option for advertisers) just because you TM squatters put the focus on. Generic typos have been a smart play, but you clowns are going to take those down just because you have to take it to stealing TM traffic. Denny's Squatter Squadron gets upset when they see him get booted a couple times. Better that then see DNF get sued and us domainers lose another resource.

You squatters can't see past day one, are selfish, and obviously could give a chit about domainers or our little industry.

Stoc You had/have the domain
You parked it - made money
So that is cyberscuatting by Your own definition
Who cares You had ok by Your brother from xerox, I think he has no rights to do it.
Shareholders should approve it.
You're reaching. My biz model is sales, not ppc, and I have thousands of names that are "parked" at Fab or Enom or GoDaddy and are NOT on any ppc program (that I benefit from) and haven't been for years. You know better, have been told this before, and if I remember right, I think you've even purchased names from me.

I hold the domain (and other Xerox names) for my brother. None have been on ppc programs due to my placement. As management he can decide what the hell happens to them. You can't be so stupid to think the stockholders of any company decide on something as trivial as domains? If he gets around to calling his IT department and wants to use the names, they have them the same day.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wanna sell any of the xerox ones? :)

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sheesh. Are you and Stuff really trying put across that you have no clue how a corporation works? To explain for the kiddies, management of the company decide all facets of marketing, including something as insignificant as domains. My brother could care less about domains, but he knows I'm into it a bit. If I see an obvious Xerox name dropping, he's asked me to try to pick them up to keep them away from the squatters. He could care less if it just sits there. He doesn't have an account at any registrar, and doesn't need or want one either.Good. Maybe if it gets under your skin enough, you'll quit squatting. Maybe if a few more like me comment, the new domainers can see that they can actually have a successful business plan without turning to the dark side.

It's people like you and Stuff and and Mr. Deleted and Denny's Squatter Squadron that give Domainers a bad rap. I don't like telling people I trade in domains and get a response of "oh, you're a cybersquatter" just because of the crap you and Denny et al scam at. You guys are ruining a good thing too. The big companies are starting to get very ticked off at the blatant TM infringement, and they are going after every sector that we have all looked at for revenue. Don't be surprised if ppc parking pages are eliminated by Google, Yahoo etc (thru an opt out option for advertisers) just because you TM squatters put the focus on. Generic typos have been a smart play, but you clowns are going to take those down just because you have to take it to stealing TM traffic. Denny's Squatter Squadron gets upset when they see him get booted a couple times. Better that then see DNF get sued and us domainers lose another resource.

You squatters can't see past day one, are selfish, and obviously could give a chit about domainers or our little industry.

You're reaching. My biz model is sales, not ppc, and I have thousands of names that are "parked" at Fab or Enom or GoDaddy and are NOT on any ppc program (that I benefit from) and haven't been for years. You know better, have been told this before, and if I remember right, I think you've even purchased names from me.

I hold the domain (and other Xerox names) for my brother. None have been on ppc programs due to my placement. As management he can decide what the hell happens to them. You can't be so stupid to think the stockholders of any company decide on something as trivial as domains? If he gets around to calling his IT department and wants to use the names, they have them the same day.

You still don´t get it.
Who cares You had ok with xerox and Your biz is not parking. Who cares it was a mistake. Do You get it????

Sure!

Now I liked that. Truely funny. :lol:

And now You also sell TM-d domains.

YOU HAD THE DOMAIN PARKED FOR AT LEAST A YEAR IN FAB. - TRUE.
YOU MADE MONEY WITH IT. - TRUE
You made money with someone else`s trademarked name (XEROX) corp.
SO You are Squatter. You said it Yourself many times.

Why Am I bad then? I can also say, I have all ok`s with companys, I don`t know what I am doing. My brother is ok with it. I don´t know what tm is. I am keeping them for my brother.And so on and on...

PLEASE UNDERSTAND, You are not THE GUY WHO CAN JUDGE ME!!!!!

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And now You also sell TM-d domains.
That was a joke. Laugh it up.
YOU HAD THE DOMAIN PARKED FOR AT LEAST A YEAR IN FAB. - TRUE.
Sheesh, it's still "parked" at Fab. It is and always should have been just a placeholder.
SO You are Squatter.
Oh man. Ok, Stuff just for you I am Squatter and I plan on joining Denny's Squatter Squadron as soon as he lets me in his forum.
Why Am I bad then?
I didn't say "you" were bad Stuff. It's the squatting stuff that you're doing that's "bad".
I can also say, I have all ok`s with companys, I am keeping them for my brother. And so on and on...
Yeah, but when you say it, it just doesn't sound right. Maybe it's the high pitch. ;)

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Cybersquatter = Registering an Internet name for the purpose of reselling it for a profit." Source

Stoc , you may not be a typosquatter/TM squatter ... but it looks like you are a cybersquatter by definition.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was a joke. Laugh it up. Sheesh, it's still "parked" at Fab. It is and always should have been just a placeholder.Oh man. Ok, Stuff just for you I am Squatter and I plan on joining Denny's Squatter Squadron as soon as he lets me in his forum.I didn't say "you" were bad Stuff. It's the squatting stuff that you're doing that's "bad". Yeah, but when you say it, it just doesn't sound right. Maybe it's the high pitch. ;)

Ok, do You want me to pull out the old whois info? so You can see That You parked it in fab? And it was not just a placeholder? Evryone can see them in domaintools.com

anyway like we say in estonia "wise one give up" there is no point arguing anymore. For me You are as much squatter as I am to You. You just live in denial.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Cybersquatter = Registering an Internet name for the purpose of reselling it for a profit." Source

Stoc , you may not be a typosquatter/TM squatter ... but it looks like you are a cybersquatter by definition.
That's exactly the problem I'm talking about here. The uninformed public (like your source) gives all domainers a bad rap due to the actions of squatters. Then these wrong definitions get passed on and even supported by the squatters who try to bring all domainers under the same bad faith label in order to find some redemption or excuse.

Had you read further from your "source" you would have found the real definition:

According to the U.S. federal law known as the Anti-Cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act, cybersquatting is registering, trafficking in, or using a domain name with bad-faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark belonging to someone else.

I say again, Domainers and Squatters are NOT the same thing.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's people like you and Stuff and and Mr. Deleted and Denny's Squatter Squadron that give Domainers a bad rap.
haha thanks for the honorable mention, and from a dishonorable squatter like you it is an honor to be counted among Denny's "Squatter Squadron"

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled on this a while ago and couldn't stop myself from reading it...

Have to say I am glad I found it too late to vote though.....It may have been someone else that others didn't like and would have been eliminated also...

Kinda sad really....but very entertaining..

However, I do wish all a healthy and prosperous New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom