• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

The damn spam with the attachments like "you have received and ecard" WTF man!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 15, 2005
Messages
8,934
Reaction score
245
Who else gets a hundred of these damn things in their email everyday...I can't put on spam protection because I miss important email offers on domains and renewal notices, etc..does anyone else get a ton of these things too?

Subject line is always like "A classmate has sent you an ecard" or some BS like that...and some attachment I don't ever open that says it's like a text file or some shit..this is getting ridiculous and I find myself having to delete 50 emails just to find the ones I want and I'm at the end of my damn rope with this spam BS :upset:

...your thoughts please..
 
I also get them by dozen the last days...Dont have any idea how to stop them
 
I too get loads of them including some pen1le stuff :upset:
But my Zonealarm Spam filter does 90% of the filtering. I have also put in some rules in my outlook so that my domain related mails go to this specific folder before being taken as a spam.
Works most of the times for me, btu i still go thru the junk folders once in 3 days to check for important mails.
I guess there is no foolproof way tho :\
 
I want to find out who is sending this crap (the ecard ones) and cut their you know whats off off with a tree saw
 
I have hundreds of old friends sending me ecards every day! all my spam folder..
this thing is getting too annoying :mad:
Why can't they send an email a week, or so like all other normal spammers, why sending dozens every day? :confused:

Here's the last one I've got netfuncards.com
 
I get about 20 to 30 per day and just click them to hell!
 
Turn filters on at your server, per subject line. The most annoying spam is the one with attachments, zip or pdf files. They do that to ping your email address for bounces and it's easier to pass the filter because there is nothing in the body of the message!
 
I use gmail and their spam filter is perfect.

Yeh i use this for most of my domain related stuff and their filter is perfect for me to. I use other email addresses for people i know im not going to get spam from to look professional and it works for me.
 
What I have noticed lately is spam junk that seems to be targetted toward domain owners: it contains keywords like domain or bid in title.
 
I'm gonna find them (the spammers) and shoot them in the head 100 times
 
Im bummed my "Here Comes the Big Dik Fairy" emails have stopped.

The question is, does one have to lose the Dik to receive the new Dik?
 
I think someone is registering my email to a hundred Newsletters, can you believe that ?

I also get this "your family member has sent you a greeting card" spam everyday ....

Gmail filter is o.k. but I hate to see things like this in my email.

http://img.teoriza.com/gonzo/captura-gmail-spam.gif
 
I've been getting tonnes with attachements too.. always stupid subject lines.. and the attachement have the ext .pdf .. This is recent like the last 14 days.. but daily
 
everyone is getting them..now they are switching to new shit like "bill" in the title with an attachment..sometimes people send me stats with similiar attachments so this is really starting to be a pain in the ass...it's obviously the SAME person sending them all..and I think I know who it might be, well known already for SPAM...and not the meat.
 
there was an article on cnn or msnbc about these- everybody is getting them in mass overload
 
I get alot now thats like
For Dan
Income Statement - Dan

crap like that, but i feel compelled to open any with my name in it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom