Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The dirty little secret of .biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reality of .biz unlike .com or .bz etc is that all Internet users will not see your ICANN / Nulevel .biz.

Those that use alternate roots will see the Grandom .biz (formerlly ARNI) or be given a choice. And what percentage of users are we talking about here. Well Pacific Root claims 5% add to that ORSC, OpenNic etc and you have a small but gowing number of Intenet users.

Of course the ICANN registrars and resellers don't tell you that so most (ICANN) .biz registrants think they ere getting 100% by implication when in fact they are getting 94% or some other number of Internet users.

One must keep in mind that many users of alternate roorts do so for reasons totally unrelated to .biz. And with the problems facing ICANN the number of users of alternate roots can only go up. Not a concern for a .com registrant or .bz registrant for that matter but a serious councern to a .biz registrant that does not want to give up a growing percentage of traffic for free to a competitor.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey FineE,

6%?? That's one out of every 20 users.

Assumng PacRoot estimates are correct.

Yes, Lea is still continuing the fight, but dang, FE, the battle is lost.

Move on, man.

I take most of what Pacific Root says with a very large pinch of salt.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of the few times I agree with safe's view of the universe.

PacRoot
The silence of the lambs

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many companies who register .biz with ICANN / Nulevel would "not care" about the ARNI .biz if they new about it. Especaly those that are quick to fight over any "confusingly similar" variant of thier trademarks registered as a domain.

What I see is that NUlevel and ICANN with all thier resources have not been able to stop Lea and "the original" .biz. In fact the ARNI now Grandom .biz site has received quit a face lift. So this war is far from over.

By the way I own no .biz domains ICANN or ARNI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom