Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The Great PPC/CTR decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Had I not used sedo when I got into parking domains years ago I probably would have been much more motivated towards the ppc market and would have seen much bigger profit potential, etc etc. I blame them for wasting my damn time and traffic even then...parked.com pays 10-20 times what sedo does..at least.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Chris, not every domain converts well on every parking company. The key is to diversify. But the astonishing part is the chart that showcases the dwindling trend over the course of a year at Sedo, for the reasons that I explained in my first post.

If I had added 6 more months to the chart, the declining curve would have been a real slider.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Math does not Lie as Theo said.

I completely agree with the decline but here is another angle on this issue.

I use Google adwords also to promote my stuff of all kinds. My average CPC is around 84 cents. That is the least I am paying Google. The keywords I am bidding on are the most common ones that appear on most parked pages on Sedo also. They use google feed but the average PPC shown in the first post of this thread is way below.

My Question is why. I know the Management costs and other costs, Profit sharing % etc etc. Where is the money going? Advertiser is paying more and more over time, Publisher is paid less and less over time. Why this math is not right or at least it does look wierd!

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you disputing my stats? Sedo is very much worse than other places in that particular trend. I have not witnessed any such decline in Parked or NameDrive.

Having a Pro account makes no difference in revenue. It only gathers a "bonus". But it seems to be a bonus based on bogus...
Have you ever tried parking at Fabulous?

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed a similar decrease. In my view Sedo are just taking the $$$.

I signed up for Sedo Pro (yes I met all the min requirements) and they wrote to me asking me to move ALL my domains to Sedo (those with other parking companies). When I declined to move everything over they stopped responding. :upset:

Right now I'll move a few domains over to Fab or Parking and see how they go.

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am not denying anyone elses stats. I am just saying that they still outerperform most other services for me in most measures, except CTR and RPM. I have seen similar declines, probably more so, at Trafficz and at Parked. Sedopro usually pays me 4-5 times as much per click as those two. It is just my experience based on the domains that make up my portfolio, and says nothing about your portfolios, I just thought that I would throw in there that they still outperform for some portfolios.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't want to reveal too much and upset the person I bought the names from..but not long ago I bought some finance names that a dude had going to sedo and paid like 24 months revenue price for them...moved them to parked and now they are tracking like a 5-6 month rev multiple price! lol :yes:

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And here is the thing I think you would agree with Focus, on Parked we get paid for more than one click, what does SEDO do with the extra clicks. I own a couple domains at Parked that get more than one click everyday if they were at SEDO I would get paid for one. SEDO why don't you have the guts to state why you rip us off ?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So why bother with them at all for parking??!?!? If it's a traffic or decent rev name you are cheating yourself and lining their pockets by not parking it somewhere better like parked.com.
Don't get me wrong..they are the BEST sales platform other than this forum but stink for parking...

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do have some domains that without question outperform at Parked over Sedo. These tend to be my lower traffic, type-in domains, with higher CTR. I do have some domains that get more clicks at Parked than at Sedo, but still make a lot less, because they get $.05-$.10 at Parked, and $.25-$.50 or more at Sedo. I also have some domains that get more clicks at Sedo for some reason, despite the multple clicks thing. My top domain got about 60-80 clicks at Parked on about 150-300 visitors a day. At Sedo, that same domain gets anywhere from 150-250 clicks on 300-600 visitors a day. I have been told a couple of reasons why my domains show more visitors at Sedo than over at Parked, but it does not make sense to me that Sedo could show a higher number of clicks in a day, than Parked showed as uniques visitors, given that they don't credit us the multiple clicks. Also, given that Parked was paying around $.03 a click and Sedo is averaging around $.05 for that domain, it is just one example of a domain that outperforms over at Sedo and I will probably leave over there (it is an adult name with large foreign %). Either way the customer service at Parked is great, and as I said at the beginning of the post, they do outperform with some names for me. I also have only tested a portion of my portfolio so far, and I am sure that I will find more that work better over there as I do.
Also, one more reason I get better performance, is because I do have many domains that actually need some type of pop-under program. $.50 a day on pop-unders is better than the hope of a click, on certain domains.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok, I should probably specify I only have domains with like 90%+ US Traffic and all type-ins..but I have heard some foreign domains do very well at sedo..

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my type-in traffic does very well at Parked, and I have been waiting to move more to test until the Sedo promotion ends. I have a lot of expired domain traffic, which seems to be hit or miss at Parked.

discovernow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is greedy. Anybody, who has been around domain parking for a few years have figured that out. I don't know why anybody would park with them. They are a good sales platform, I will give them that.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm almost convinced Sedo trickles revenue at demand.

SedoCoUk

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

To address this ongoing thread, the declining earnings trend is industry-wide, and we have heard the same things from ND and Parked.com for quite awhile now. It looks like both Google and Yahoo are seeing declines at the moment as well, so it's not a specific Google issue. Please bare with us during this time.

Acroplex, thanks for sharing your concerns here. Your parking account manager has been sending you voice mails and emails regarding the specific issues you've raised all week. Please PM me with when you're available to speak so we can make sure your issues are addressed.

Thanks,
Monica

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No Monica, these are *not* industry-wide drops in PPC and revenue, that's why I posted the Sedo stats and I will post the ones from Parked if you wish. Domains that had zero clicks at Sedo now make $1,400 a year at Parked. I am sorry to hear that you have nothing else to respond with, other than passing the buck to the entire industry. Surprisingly though, since I stirred some noise I saw spikes in the PPC that apparently Sedo trickles at will to accounts.

My Sedo account manager sent me one voicemail and one email on the subject, asking me to define a time fit to discuss this. I think that it will benefit everyone if we discuss it here.

Please bare with us during this time.

I don't undress in the presence of strangers.

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The question you need to answer SEDOCOUK is what do you do with the multiple clicks how you justify keeping our money when every other service pays for multiple clicks?
ANSWER THAT NO LINES NO BS JUST A STRAIGHT ANSWER WHY YOU KEEP OUR MONEY ?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
By the way, Monica, my observations are based on the statistical performance of my portfolio during the past 12 months and the issue was brought up in this public thread on October 29 - that's 2 weeks ago and not "all week". If Sedo would pay attention to the Sedo-specific threads and responded to issues witnessed by many individuals it'd cut down on support time.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember some rep for a parking service (parked ?) who said excess clicks (more than 2) were discarded and not accounted for. No-one gets paid, it's free for the advertiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators