Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

The "New" Sunday Night Live Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the deal, it remains my view that there was an attempt to make the Sunday Night Live auction an exclusive party ..they didnt want the regular people in with the bargain names...

It is also my view that this is the MAIN ..not the only reason ..simply the main reasonn the Sunday Night auction has officially failed ...

I still believe that the lure of the auction was the chance to pick up a few good names cheap AND it sparks some fun competative bidding when everyone is invited and welcomed to participate.

I liked the $1 auctions..and I'll donate 50 DNF to everyone that places at least 2 names in the next auction Sunday August 3rd AND the names cant have a starting price over 3$ ...

screw the money for a second .. lets just all get back in the auction and have a little fun.. the money will follow where the people are .. think about that..

So for Sunday Aug 3rd .. Post here whenyou list your names and I'll get 50 DNF asap..

If I miss you just PM me..

Upvote 0

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auction update..58 names listed now.. ! you have until friday afternoon..3pm cst to list your names..

I am paying 50DNF for those that are listing..

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, whoever wins my auctions has been instructed to PM and I will transfer within the week, if I can find time to use a E-Cafe I certainly will :)

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
I have proxied in the past but no longer trust the system as I always won the bid at my full proxy bid. If any of the staff could clarify that the proxy system works truely as a proxy system and doesn't just put your full bid in then I would place 2 proxy bids - some nice names in there!

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just added one name. Trying to add more, but the system won't let me. Is there a glitch administrators? Hope this can be fixed by tomorrow.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
Just added one name. Trying to add more, but the system won't let me. Is there a glitch administrators? Hope this can be fixed by tomorrow.

Morning Ed.. 50 DNF coming at you.. look at the problem GT was having ..about the 8 th post or so.. and my response.. if you add in your description .com, .net , .us then it thinks you are trying to list amother name in the same "auction ad" and it wont let you do that ...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by actnow
Bidawinner, You definitely got everyone on board.

What a drastic change in pricing this week from weeks past.

That is exactly what the auction needed.

Bid has been saying that all along but no one wanted to listen until the auction finally slumped to zero sales. I guess that made his point for him. :-D

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke

Bid has been saying that all along but no one wanted to listen until the auction finally slumped to zero sales. I guess that made his point for him. :-D

people were listing names much worse than what is being listed this with starting prices of $80 -$200 etc. for junk. it was getting retarded like the old afternic...other people wanted to make it a type of exclusive club for on tier 1 names ..hopefully we can get back to the basics , everyone have a little fun on sundays nights..

Hopefully more realistic starting prices will get people in the mood to bid... which will make it more enternaining and fun to participate..people can pickup some nice 2nd and 3rd tier names at nice prices and the sellers can clear out some stock..

We dont expect anyone to list 3 letter .coms at $1 .. that isnt what this is about..although that would certainly stir some interest..

Give it shot Duke.. list one of your 3 letter .coms for $1 as a test .. :laugh:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
people can pickup some nice 2nd and 3rd tier names at nice prices

I have some 4th tier names I can put in! :-D

I'll dig through the inventory and find a few candidates. Think I'll pass on the opportunity to sell a 3-letter .com for $1 though.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More names needed,
You have until 3pm CST Friday (tomorrow) .. so get cracking!

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the donation Bid - I appreciate that. Unfortunately I still can't add anymore names....I'll try again tomorrow.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I couldnt add my names...I wasn't putting any TLD extensions in the item description...I just waited and tried again in an hour and it was working

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
Thanks for the donation Bid - I appreciate that. Unfortunately I still can't add anymore names....I'll try again tomorrow.

.:| checking now |:.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed when I copied and pasted my domains in that if I picked up an extra space at the end of the domain extension, it was rejected (i.e. domain.com_)

The underscore ( _ ) character above is used for dramatic effect. It represents a space

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just added a bunch of test domains with no problems at all. Could not reproduce an error, even when adding the extension in the description, it was ok.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke added 10 names ! that puts us at 75 names already with 1 day to go! thanks everyone .. I dont get off work until after the deadline tommorrow ....so looking forward to seeing if where we end up...

Duke ..50 DNF coming at you...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a periodic thing....cause I just tried to add another name and it isnt working....but I dont really want to sell the name - I was just testing the system.....

not working for me now....

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
Originally posted by tigga
I have proxied in the past but no longer trust the system as I always won the bid at my full proxy bid. If any of the staff could clarify that the proxy system works truely as a proxy system and doesn't just put your full bid in then I would place 2 proxy bids - some nice names in there!

Any clues here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom