Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The "New" Sunday Night Live Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the deal, it remains my view that there was an attempt to make the Sunday Night Live auction an exclusive party ..they didnt want the regular people in with the bargain names...

It is also my view that this is the MAIN ..not the only reason ..simply the main reasonn the Sunday Night auction has officially failed ...

I still believe that the lure of the auction was the chance to pick up a few good names cheap AND it sparks some fun competative bidding when everyone is invited and welcomed to participate.

I liked the $1 auctions..and I'll donate 50 DNF to everyone that places at least 2 names in the next auction Sunday August 3rd AND the names cant have a starting price over 3$ ...

screw the money for a second .. lets just all get back in the auction and have a little fun.. the money will follow where the people are .. think about that..

So for Sunday Aug 3rd .. Post here whenyou list your names and I'll get 50 DNF asap..

If I miss you just PM me..

Upvote 0

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by tigga

Any clues here?

That's because there were probably other proxy bids. As far as I know, the proxy system is fully functional. I remember this issue being raised before.

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like to participate, but this seems like a "Platinum" party only. Maybe the mods should re-think this part of the membership to allow a greater number of people to participate.

JMHO

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gold members are eligible to participate (attend and bid) in our weekly live auction, but only Platinum members are able to list a name for sale. Again, this memebership hierarchy is so designed to meet different needs of our many members. Of course, you are most welcome to upgrade from Gold to Platinum for only US$35. ;)

SlashRoot.Com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I entered 10 names in Sunday Auction today.

For one of my domains listed there, Overture Keyword search count is: 3006 !
It is listed as the second most searched KW in that category!

Lets rock and roll!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
with or without the extension?

without the extension, a ranking of 3006 doesnt mean much at all. I had earns.org (earns got a large result) but the name wasnt worth much at all (except on ebay ;-))

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GT Web
with or without the extension?

without the extension, a ranking of 3006 doesnt mean much at all. I had earns.org (earns got a large result) but the name wasnt worth much at all (except on ebay ;-))

GT! He didn't claim it was worth a lot, and he didn't ask for an appraisal! Let's just be happy we have a great list for this week.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
List is complete :)

Nice list!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great list!!!

to bad I cant be there :-(

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GiantDomains

GT! He didn't claim it was worth a lot, and he didn't ask for an appraisal! Let's just be happy we have a great list for this week.

again, I was only asking a question to decide whether I should proxy or not :-#

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Auction looks great everyone ..looks like ony one person dosent get it ..

I would suggest to nip it in the bud before the auctions look like the old afternic again .. just a suggestion

good luck everyone

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BUMP!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AGAIN, BOTH Platinum AND Gold Members are eligible to attend and bid at our weekly live auction. We have 113 domains for sale tonight. Come join us in about 15 minutes time (at 8PM Eastern)!

http://www.dnforum.com/auction.php

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well that was better than it has been in awhile.. picked up a couple nice ones.. and sold a few nice ones...

So toss out ideas on what could add to the auctions, what detracts from it..

the listings were great for the money, I think that even better names and more buyers wil show as everyone see's the auction is back up ...

I love the fact that some people listed a lot of names..but wondering if the auction grows again should the limit be lowered a bit (on the number of names we can list) so the auction dosent end up running 3 hours and people lose interest ?

maybe have 2 auctions a week ..the bargain auction like tonight and maybe another one in the middle of the week where you cant list any name for less than say $40 or something? maybe the names would have to be "accepted" to be included ? so people are not just filling it up with junk at the higher prices ?

or just see if what we had tonight keeps growing and develops it's own "personality"

Anyways' glad to see people back participating again...

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stats for Sunday's auction 8-3-03

113 names included for the auction by 20 different members.

55 names sold for a total sales of $ 411.00
The 55 names had an opening bid price total of $ 125.00
17 of 55 sold for the opening bid price which totalled $ 49.00

22 different members won the 55 names.

mud

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was the first time I partisipated in the auction, here are a few suggestions from what I saw:

1) You should be able to edit your bid (before the end date), this is a real biggie!... I wanted to raise my bid for a few, and couldn't :-(

2) I noticed that each item has a seperate end date... however, you can't tell what that end date is untill the auction is over. It would be nice to know what time the item's auction end date is...

3) I'm sure bid's would be even higher if once you placed your big, the current high bid would be shown... just like how eBay operates. This way sellers would be more inclined to sell High Profile domains! :-D

I hope some of these suggestions are used, I really do think they would make a vast improvement on the allready wonderful auction you guys host! :eek:k:

Regards,
Michael Deal

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mud
This was the first time I partisipated in the auction, here are a few suggestions from what I saw:

1) You should be able to edit your bid (before the end date), this is a real biggie!... I wanted to raise my bid for a few, and couldn't :-(

2) I noticed that each item has a seperate end date... however, you can't tell what that end date is untill the auction is over. It would be nice to know what time the item's auction end date is...

3) I'm sure bid's would be even higher if once you placed your big, the current high bid would be shown... just like how eBay operates. This way sellers would be more inclined to sell High Profile domains! :-D

I hope some of these suggestions are used, I really do think they would make a vast improvement on the allready wonderful auction you guys host! :eek:k:

Regards,
Michael Deal

From your suggestions, I am assuming you did not attend the auction, but placed proxy bids.

Were you at the live auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom