Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Newzealand.com Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I regged rhodeislands.com since it is a cool name. If new zealand.com would be available I reg them too. That is what makes a domainer a domainer. However, I can transfer it for reg fee if someone has above-mentioned aims. That's the difference.

If I see a cool domain I instantly reg it. This is like a lust for sex. However, after regging whether I ll sell it or tranfer it for free depends on your moral opinion. See the difference?

Domain Summit 2024

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry SirAlexFerguson, all this moral talk is baloney. The domain industry is business. In business, the law dictates what's acceptable and what's not. Your personal moral quandary has nothing to do with it.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirAlexFerguson
I regged rhodeislands.com since it is a cool name. If new zealand.com would be available I reg them too. That is what makes a domainer a domainer. However, I can transfer it for reg fee if someone has above-mentioned aims. That's the difference.

Imagine if you regged America.com in 1994 and keep renewing it. Will you give it up for $280 ($35 x 8 years) ? I don't think so.

As you said, rhodeislands.com may worth $200, and you just regged it 2 weeks ago, then you are willing to give away for a reg fee. Well, I'd do the same thing for a domain that i just bought for $500. No biggie.

Why don't you show us a better spirit by buying NewZealand.com and give it for a reg free to New Zeland gov't?

:)

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i think the whole system needs to change.If anyone should be to blame it needs to be the registrars.

I mean think about it they can make money anytime off any name,for example,they make a celeb name available.They make money selling it to me and then the celeb. comes after me wanting the name and im wanting to sell it to someone else but can't because they can sue me.Something is'nt right.

All the big tech that is out there,it looks like they could run names through uspto.gov,and notify companies with trademarks on these names,and if they want them fine,if not throw them to the public and let them do what ever they want to with them.

Its kinda like i can go into a store and buy a crackpipe or a big knife but if they catch me with it im busted.They are the most stupid laws that have ever been

Alll imo:confused:

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>How can you use a country’s name freely. Who
>gives that God given right to use country
>names freely? No rules, no guides or nothing
>just freely, 100 %?

I can just picture you knocking on Eddie Van Halen's door, demanding he remove the song "Panama" from all VH 1984 CD's throughout the world, or picketing outside your local cinema when the movie "Brazil" gets an airing.

And then you go an reg rhodeislands.com?

Is nutcase.com available?

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own several city names, so far undeveloped: Tulare.com, Burtonsville.com, Athol.com, etc. None of these cities is real big. ?Would I give them up if the city fathers/mothers asked for them? No way. They have lots of alternatives. CityofTulare.com, ci.tulare.ca.us, and .us will be offering to City of Tulare, exclusively, CityofTulareCA.us

Eventually, I do plan to develop sites for each town. I may lease the names out until I have the time. There are thousands of precedents for this. I am very thankful that WIPO made a good decision here. And, I am thankful that Ari fought a good fight. THANKS! Ari. :D

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Heh. You are on to one of the curious aspects of the whole TM/domain circus. The registrars remind me of the role of the "house" in a crap game. The players show up and gamble against each other, but either way the house gets its percentage."

Never a more true statement made on this entire site! Ever. Thanks.

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
John,

Thanks for the links to the 2 city domain cases. Congratulations on winning both cases.

:cool:

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Want to get even ? Then register :--

QueenofUK.com
QueenofUnitedKingdom.com
QueenofBritain.com

:D :D :D

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered Rhodeislands.com a few weeks ago. As you noticed the state is called Rhodeisland.
++++++++++++

Actually, no.

I live here.

The littlest state in the union has the longest name.

The formal name is: The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TurNIC.com

If I see a cool domain I instantly reg it. This is like a lust for sex. However, after regging whether I ll sell it or tranfer it for free depends on your moral opinion. See the difference?

you can always point it to www.Rhodeislands.us untill you sell it

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom