Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The Next Big Invesment

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
it was a good investment for everybody who bought up all the good keywords a couple years ago.

No it wasn't, even those are worthless.

Nobody types in .info and they never will, even developed good keyword .info websites will only feed traffic to the .com equivalent.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nitronet said:
No it wasn't, even those are worthless.

Nobody types in .info and they never will, even developed good keyword .info websites will only feed traffic to the .com equivalent.

agreed...but those popular keyword domains that were snatched up for reg fee already have increased their value 100, 1000 and even 10000x.... so it was a good investment for some.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
agreed...but those popular keyword domains that were snatched up for reg fee already have increased their value 100, 1000 and even 10000x.... so it was a good investment for some.

And You really think, if You would have invested the money into .com domains in 2001, You would not have done better?

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
And You really think, if You would have invested the money into .com domains in 2001, You would not have done better?

whats your point?

we were on the subject of info's -- com's is a different story... it would of been better to invest in many things but nonetheless investing in info's when they were introduced was also a pretty good investment as were com's back in 1985, 1995 or even now... in 2005.

if you know what you are doing, can hold out and know how much and what you want you will get the most out of everything.... and the time will come :)

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The next BIG investment.........hummm................swampland ?

:cheeky:

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what a buyer told me after I asked 6k for a .info so he would get me to lower the price.
He succeded.
He paid only 5k... :)

Duncan said:
.info was ruined when they started giving them out for free.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is what a buyer told me after I asked 6k for a .info so he would get me to lower the price.
He succeded.
He paid only 5k... :)

Your proving nothing. A generic .info domain can go for a good thousand. But is it worth the investment?

And the answer is no.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hhhmmm... Let me think...
I paid $60 to buy it and sold it for 5k.
That is what I call a bad investment!

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you care to explain what you are saying?
I really don't understand.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just don't see any future growth for .info domains. I'm don't see the future though..

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
Your proving nothing. A generic .info domain can go for a good thousand. But is it worth the investment?

And the answer is no.

This coming from a guy who (from what I've seen), only sells $5 marked up LLLL.coms?

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This coming from a kid who (from what I've seen), only sells $5 marked up LLLL.coms?

Kid or not, there is no need for descrimination. I only sell LLLL.com when they have overture. And infact you use to pay me to find you LLLL.com w/ overture.

edit: Daddy, GOOD you changed your post quick enough to not say EDITED BY: I'm glad you recognize your mistakes.

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
hhhmmm... Let me think...
I paid $60 to buy it and sold it for 5k.
That is what I call a bad investment!

You guys are all right, .info is worthless.

Sell dvdrip and I all of your premium .infos, we'll lose our money.

Duncan said:
Kid or not, there is no need for descrimination. I only sell LLLL.com when they have overture. And infact you use to pay me to find you LLLL.com w/ overture.

lol, I saw one on the OVT suggestion list - that's it.

I've edited my post, I apologize for bringing age into this debate.

However, my point still stands. I happen to think that a $4600 investment return is more lucrative that singular digits.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are on wild tangents. I'm just going to drop this. My point being, I have never encountered a .info domain being advertising outside of the internet world. And to me it shows limited opportunity as a developed website.

The end.

Keynes

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
I just don't see any future growth for .info domains. I'm don't see the future though..

It's all clear to me now. Thanks :approve:

Duncan said:
We are on wild tangents. I'm just going to drop this. My point being, I have never encountered a .info domain being advertising outside of the internet world. And to me it shows limited opportunity as a developed website.

The end.

Ride a NYC Subway --> MTA.info everywhere the eye can see

The beginning.

On a more serious note, nobody knows the precise future of .info. At this point, we are making evaluations based on potential market conditions and the potential of the extension -- there's a lot of room for growth, and the name has already caught on in some European markets. So yes, there's nothing for sure like .com at this point (and even then it's easy to register a terrible name and hope the extension compensates), but I think, all factors considered, .info can be a solid investment, albeit a slightly speculative one. If some people are set against .info for various reasons, that's perfectly fine -- preferences do factor into the equation, and nobody is going to deny you the right to dislike a given extenson (except .web.com -- those rule, no matter what you say...j/k) There are a number of large .info development projects, which should increase the visibility of the extension. Time, market factors and some luck will determine the fate of the extension; this thread will not. :)

Kishin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Also in the UK there is pegi.info on almost every video game sold.

thethemes

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dragonhawk said:
I don't think all .cc, .to and .ws domains are worthless... they can be turned into something good, especially if you have a good name associated with them. Would be easier to get them up the search engines too, if they have the right keywords in the domain.

You are right about the .cc i have a big site for phpnuke on a .cc domain and are always on top of google.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends.
NO.
YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener