Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

discussion The next big market

This is a general discussion thread revolving around the a topic of the original poster's choice.

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, so what markets (not domain extensions or LLLLL.com’s, ect) do you think will be the next big thing? I will start the ball rolling with a few I have heard of:

3d
ar (augmented reality)
m2m
mcommerce

What would you add to the list?

MarkG3636

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, so what markets (not domain extensions or LLLLL.com’s, ect) do you think will be the next big thing? I will start the ball rolling with a few I have heard of:

3d
ar (augmented reality)
m2m
mcommerce

What would you add to the list?

US HEALTH CARE. With the passage of FEDiCare, I think a boom for "Health Centers" domains are next. The plan calls for "Health Centers"

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The next big market will definitely be - hang on a second, my cell is ringing....

:D The next big market will be comedy!

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting... ;-)

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well even if somebody knew the next big thing, i don't you think they would be blabbing on here about it.........

mentor

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Definitely, Augmented Reality (AR).
Most Big Brands have an AR product or prepare an AR project. AR has an impact on every industry not only technology.
Several AR event are taking place this year you just have to take a look at their Name.
AR DevCamp
ARE2010 http://augmentedrealityevent.com
AR Consortium
AR Door
Sony PlayStation has just released a demonstration of their impressive "PlayStation Move System" that include AR.

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Next big things:

a) biometric ID cards required by all citizens and illegal immigrants;

b) new advances in auto-batteries and auto/home fuel sources;

c) stem-cell advances; biotechnology development advances in cancer (eg Melafinder is incredible pending device to id melanoma cancer) and all diseases;

d) revaluation of US$ to a N. American currency; computers/smart phones allow smells to be emitted to "viewers/smellers" on receiving end.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well even if somebody knew the next big thing, i don't you think they would be blabbing on here about it.........

exactly!

people typically ask those kind of questions when they are looking for domain purchasing ideas

but if you really want to know the next big thing...

"actual alien encounters"

we will soon come to know, that we are not alone

:rolleyes:

tradingnames.org

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As far as I am aware mcommerce stands for mobile commerce, m2m stands for machine 2 machine.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mCommerce (with the letter "m" standing for Mobile) is very rapidly being replaced to mean Medical as evidenced by all the trade journals (print and internet content) I read and get.

fm1234

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Augmented reality stands a chance as a big market, but no one is going to be searching for "augmented reality" in the wild ... they'll be looking for the specific features that an AR application has to offer. It's a tough nut to crack, AR search metrics.

Fabrication technology (rapid prototyping, home fabbers etc.) has come farther in the last ten years than 3D, AR, and many other domainer buzzwords. Search volume for related terms is pretty weak right now, but I personally believe both in the technology and in its potential to explode as a market in the coming decade. Unfortunately in that market it's largely about brandables (Ponoko.com for example) so trying to put together domains with fab and fabber and other such terms in them is hard to justify. I would love to have gotten fab.it though ... now owned by an aluminum fab company in Italy unfortunately, so not going anywhere soon .

Frank

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Definitely 3D...it is exploding. Televisions, phones, gaming, printers and more.

Diabro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Definitely 3D...it is exploding. Televisions, phones, gaming, printers and more.
This may be true but the vast majority of "domainers" are handling this wrong.

The next big thing is to be a registrar of the next big thing.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators