Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

The USA is off of "daylight savings time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know this has caused some confusion with people in the past especially with auctions (people posting EST and then people thinking it is EDT).

Most of the US (except I think Arizona and maybe most of Indiana) had to set their clocks back an hour last night since daylight savings has ended.

This means that the eastern USA is now 5 hours behind GMT, not 4 like we were a few days ago.

Now:

The east coast USA is now at eastern standard time (EST) and is lined up with Cuba, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, Panama, Columbia, and Peru. It is -5 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

The "central" time zone is at CST - the same as most of Mexico and northern Central America. It is -6 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

The "mountain" time zone is at MST - the same as western Mexico (except Baja California). It is -7 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

The Pacific coast is now PST - the same as Baja California and western Canada. It is -8 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

GMT / Zulu / UTZ is based off the time zone London, UK is in. This includes all of the UK, Ireland, Iceland (oddly), far west Africa, Cape Verde Islands, and the Canary Islands (I think Portugal, too, but I'm not 100% sure).

I also found a good map here:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

It includes the "current" time for each time zone at the top.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Dragger. I knew the change was coming just did not know when. WHat is so bloody annoying is that last weekend we here in the UK changed our clocks. Why cannot our relative governments just come up with an agreement that we all change our clocks at the same time? Would that be so difficult?

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know this has caused some confusion with people in the past especially with auctions (people posting EST and then people thinking it is EDT).

Most of the US (except I think Arizona and maybe most of Indiana) had to set their clocks back an hour last night since daylight savings has ended.

This means that the eastern USA is now 5 hours behind GMT, not 4 like we were a few days ago.

Now:

The east coast USA is now at eastern standard time (EST) and is lined up with Cuba, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, Panama, Columbia, and Peru. It is -5 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

The "central" time zone is at CST - the same as most of Mexico and northern Central America. It is -6 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

The "mountain" time zone is at MST - the same as western Mexico (except Baja California). It is -7 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

The Pacific coast is now PST - the same as Baja California and western Canada. It is -8 GMT / Zulu / UTZ.

GMT / Zulu / UTZ is based off the time zone London, UK is in. This includes all of the UK, Ireland, Iceland (oddly), far west Africa, Cape Verde Islands, and the Canary Islands (I think Portugal, too, but I'm not 100% sure).

I also found a good map here:
http://www.worldtimezone.com/

It includes the "current" time for each time zone at the top.

that incomprehensively massive land mass to the north of CONUS - which would be the largest country in the world were it not for the endless taiga,tundra and breal forest of the Land of Rus.

regards/Carl

carledgar

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that incomprehensively massive land mass to the north of CONUS - which would be the largest country in the world were it not for the endless taiga,tundra and breal forest of the Land of Rus.

regards/Carl

1. Subj. refers.

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it would help if we all use GMT on auctions and forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators