Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

There I Was Just Reading The News Bulletins And ............. :o)

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have posted before saying that when you have become a domainer you will ALWAYS be a domainer. This evening the truth of that has been proved yet again.

A little while ago there I was just picking through a few science and medicine journals and saw a report, it stuck out like a big pink elephant in the room - possible replacement for antibiotics! Five minutes later there I was on GoDaddy checking out whether a domain had been registered, without any real hope it has to be said as normally in such situations 99.99% of the time the relevant domains are already of course gone.

This time though, obviously as I am posting this, the domains both singular and plural were not registered - of course they are now! ;)

Now being a biochemist in the long and distant past gives me just a little edge over most domainers in the field, but, surely, the Dutch company who have developed a new method for treating antibiotic resistant bacteria would do more than just register the .com domain name for their 'brand' name for their specific treatment. Luckily for me they did not.

The company concerned has developed an enzyme treatment using the naturally occurring enzyme 'endolysin'. Now why is this so important, well just imagine MRSA's as a simple example. Treatment and prevention of MRSA's is a huge business worldwide. Now it may be possible that they (and other bacterial infections) will be treatable with a new kind of treatment. At present the treatment is restricted to a cream for skin treatment, though it is hoped that a tablet form to treat internal infection will be available within 5 years. So my guess is I spent a few odd dollars wisely this evening registering:

Endolysin.com

and

Endolysins.com

I am a very happy little 'retired domainer' this evening, another couple of domains added to my pension portfolio. As I say 'once a domainer, always a domainer'. :)

Domain summit 2024

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Through the day I have been watching the 'news' slowly start to mount around the world about the endolysin breakthrough. It seems that from a small conference in London this week it is now being recognised as a major breakthrough worldwide in the fight against MRSA, etc., which of course is a very good thing for me ( :p ). For any who are interested just do a Google news search for 'endolysin'.

I have expanded the initial two registrations by adding the following domains:

EndolysinTreatment
EndolysinTreatments
EndolysinTherapy
EndolysinTherapies

(all .com of course)

However, with all such successes they bring along their own set of problems. As it is at the moment no one will be willing to pay what the domains are worth (according to me of course). Now that leaves me with the dilemma of whether to develop the domains or not. So now I am having to consider looking for a 'proven' developer in the field of medicine and/or science who can utilize the domains and build appropriate sites on them with appropriate monetization.

The other option is leasing, which though on paper makes great commercial sense, I have yet to see any real successes with.

Headaches - I think it is soon going to be time for an aspirin (and I like everybody else refer to it as aspirin and not '2-acetoxybenzoic acid' - LOL).

Surprisingly this post was not appended to my post of earlier today as I expected it to be.

EDIT

Just read the following report in 'Nature Biotechnology News':

"Actavis snapped up Chicago-based Durata Therapeutics to gain a next-generation antibiotic to treat skin infections. On October 6 Actavis agreed to pay $675 million in cash and up to $146.5 million in milestones if Durata's new drug Dalvance (dalbavancin) meets regulatory and sales goals."

Somehow I think Actavis will be reappraising its 'valuation' IMO. LOL

But it does show just what the industry is worth. ;)

Last edited:

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have added the complete set of .net, .org, and .info domains to the small portfolio. It seemed a little stupid not to invest in the 'insurance' of covering all the bases, and the investment of circa ~$180 a year this is a very cheap insurance. (IMO this is something that is all to often ignored by domainers in general.)

So the portfolio now consists of:

Endolysin.com
Endolysins.com
EndolysinTreatment.com
EndolysinTreatments.com
EndolysinTherapy.com
EndolysinTherapies.com

Endolysin.net
Endolysins.net
EndolysinTreatment.net
EndolysinTreatments.net
EndolysinTherapy.net
EndolysinTherapies.net
Endolysin.org

Endolysins.org
EndolysinTreatment.org
EndolysinTreatments.org
EndolysinTherapy.org
EndolysinTherapies.org

Endolysin.info
Endolysins.info
EndolysinTreatment.info
EndolysinTreatments.info
EndolysinTherapy.info
EndolysinTherapies.info

Obviously if I end up developing the domains it is likely that I will only develop one, two, or possibly three of the .coms, pointing the others of course to the developed sites.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators