• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

There's A Domain That I Want... It Expires Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devious

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
As judgement day approaches, I am banking on the domain sqatter not renewing my long awaited 6 letter .com

I am very reluctant to do a whois lookup, because I have heard that "they" are monitoring your searches and will register something that someone wants in hopes of selling it back to you. That sounds like a myth, though.

The more I think about it... It's tomorrow on the other side of the world, so why can't I register it? On who's time zone are domains registered?

Should stick to it like glue, checking on my domain status every hour, or does it take a while before it's released into the wilderness?

Any tips on securing this domain?
 
Some registrars may use their WHOIS logs to search for domain names "in demand" or that may have value to someone else.

Once a domain name expires, it enters the redemption period, where the registrant has the ability to renew his/her name. Only after the redemption period, does the domain name go into the pending delete status. After this status, the domain name is finally deleted and available for registration.

So, if it expires tomorrow, you still have some time to go...
 
How much longer?

(it's registered with Tucows)
 
From Tucows FAQ center...

In general the Registry will drop the domain between day 70 to 75 after the expiration date. However, THERE IS NO METHOD TO DETERMINE EXACTLY WHICH DAY THE DOMAIN WILL DROP. The Registry randomizes the drop process over a 5 day period in order to provide equal opportunity for the general public to re-register the domain.
 
I don't get it... When it expires, they're going to publicly announce it and auction it off?
 
No, sometimes they acution them in their sites, and then they just are dropped, so you can register it.

There are some services which allow you to ask them for a domain to register as soon asavailable. i know it from registefly, but there should be a lot of tehm.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom