Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Thinking of Selling - Site has link popularity of 5,449

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ftsebooks

Hi,

I am the owner of website http://www.free-to-sell-ebooks.com

My site has been in business for the last year and now has over 4,000 affiliates. When I do a popularity link search I have about 5,449 links on Alltheweb, MSN, Altavista,AOL and Hotbot.

Alexa shows my ranking at 31,817 and I do about 46,000 raw hits a day

I am looking at selling the site and complete business and first of all want to know what the domain name is worth with the above stats.

Secondly, where would people suggest that I list the domain for sale to get the best price? i.e. perfectname.com?

Appreciate the experts out there to give me a fair appraisal.

Thanks

Gary

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very impressive stats. It's hard to put a value on it without knowing more about what levels of income you are generating on average. This would be the most important factor in putting an appraisal together for the site.

F

ftsebooks

Thanks for the reply .. Ok I currently get about 100 - 200 direct direct sales a month through the site (About 2k for these directs). My affiliates get 100% of all sales they make through there replica of http://www.free-to-sell-ebooks.com

The way the site really makes its money is through the sale of the traffic that my affiliates are generating for me. I am curently pulling about another 2k - 4k a month from traffic sales.

So total profits per month are about 3k - 6k

The site is totally turnkey apart from answering a few emails.

The reason I am interested in an appraisal and a sale is that I am about to quit my full time job and wanted to use the sale of this site to develop my next project.

Again appreciate any advise

regards

Gary

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What you are selling is a business and businesses are a little harder than domain names to appraise. (Even more so for Internet businesses)

If your traffic and profit stats hold up, I estimate you would fetch $9,000 to $14,000.

F

ftsebooks

Thanks RJ for the feedback ... What about the best place to list my domain for sale ... any suggestion or format? .. anyone out there able to take a look at my stats and domain and give a frank opinion on it's worth?

Appreciate any feedback

Regards
Gary
http://www.free-to-sell-ebooks.com

trent2275

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Keep the site, and pump 50% of all profits into the next venture.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ftsebooks, if everything you said was right, anything below 40K
would be just senseless.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're making that kinda off cash........why sell?
Why are you still working?
Cut affiliates percent ratio down to 65% and use the difference
for venture capital.

Some people.........!

A

alaneads

100k is way too much. 5k per month lets say. 60k per year. No one will pay over 6 months to 1 year of income for anything online. For all we know the internet might not exist next year.

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by alaneads
No one will pay over 6 months to 1 year of income for anything online. For all we know the internet might not exist next year.

Including us. But the business doesn't follow such logic.
Every smart and well funded person would easily invest one year profit into such a venture.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
100k? Sorry Big Fart, that might be true if it was a bookstore or a pizza parlor. When you're dealing with an Internet business like this it's going to be very difficult to find a buyer willing to pay anything close to that.

It is a good idea to approach a business broker.

I

interactive

I bet you could fetch around $15k but it would take a lot of work to find someone willing to pay that.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by biggedon
If you're making that kinda off cash........why sell?
Why are you still working?
Cut affiliates percent ratio down to 65% and use the difference
for venture capital.

Some people.........!

I agree with biggedon. Why sell the biz if you are generating that much money a month with out really lifting a finger. I always wonder way people sell their online biz on ebay if they are making 1000s of dollars a month. Most affiliated sites take hardly any time to manage after the site goes live. WHY SELL something that makes money........I don't get it????

Shag

F

ftsebooks

Thanks to your all for your feedback and insite. First up let me explain why I give 100% profit to affiliates. I do this because the orginal business model was to provide an enabler for people to generate me traffic. The $10 people pay for the replica site is just to weed out those who are going to actually invest some time into promoting the site and pay for some of the bandwidth.

The whole concept is actually a win/win .. people get some pretty decent information products at the site, a fully functioning website to make them $10 per sale and most of all they see that they get 100% of the profit form each sale which is a big incentive for them to promote the site.

I GET ALL THE TRAFFIC THEY GENERATE FOR FREE TO SELL TO THE HIGHEST BEDDER... I ALSO GOT HIGH LINK POPULARITY IN A SHORT TIME AND WHAT I THINK IS A VIABLE BUSINESS IN A SHORT TIME TO SELL ;)

Yes this site does make some good cash but my next venture needs a good chunk of capital to get start thus the sale...

Thanks again for your feedback and if anyone is interest just drop me a PM to discuss

Best Regards

Gary
http://www.free-to-sell-ebooks.com

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the reason why you want to sell this????? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom