Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

this can't be the norm

Status
Not open for further replies.

paymaster7

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, I closed my account at an affiliate program and contacted them. I told them that I wasn't going to be uysing their program anymore and 'can I please have my check'. Their reply was "no".

Apparently they had a $100 threshold limit for payments. I made $72.24. This is their justification for denying payment. They claim that it's not my money, essentially, since I didn't hit $100.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me... I've participated in dozens, if not hundreds of affiliate programs, and every single time I have been paid out my money if I closed my account, regardless of their minimum monthly payment level or whatever.

I spent some time and some money on this program and it didn't work out very well... but to deny me the money I did earn is ridiculous. Am I wrong to be outraged here? What course of action should I pursue?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should be outraged!

That's rediculous.

-=DCG=-

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it was in their TOS that the minimum payout is $100, then there isnt much you can do.
The same applies to PPC.
many have min. requirements for payouts, like $25 or $50.
If you do not mind sharing, which affiliate was it?

Mark Bolyard

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen this with many programs out there...

Think thats bad, try working for a company that pays out commissions on a once per month basis. A job I had years back... I worked three weeks into a month, made around 5K in commisions, quit just before months end and they never paid me. Turned out that thier company policy, which I never knew of, said you had to complete the month for which commissions were earned to be paid... :disappoin

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would put the links back up until I got to the $100 then tell them after what I think of em!

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I told them that I wasn't going to be uysing their program anymore and 'can I please have my check'.

The reason they have a minimum is to avoid people that work a little then cancel or terminate their account, just get to $100. If they say minimum payout = $100, then minimum payout is $100!

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like that.
kind of like sticking your middle finger out at a McDonalds after you ordered and you just leave.
I use to do that in the early 80s.

I hope no one from mickey Ds is here...
their food sucked (and still does).

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NO that is ridiculous ... the NORM is if you dont meet the minimum payout requirement and wish to cancel your account. You can still cash out your current earnings in which you are entilted too ... however you pay a penalty for doing so. Usually around 15%

paymaster7

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duncan said:
The reason they have a minimum is to avoid people that work a little then cancel or terminate their account, just get to $100. If they say minimum payout = $100, then minimum payout is $100!
For the record, the reason I quit the program was because I sold off all websites that had any connection to the product they were selling. Obviously I had no reason to stick around, as I couldn't exactly put banners for pixel logos on soccer or poster sites.
It didn't make any sense for my money to just sit there when I knew it would never reach $100 - as my links were all down.

I don't see any justification for not paying out when someone closes an account, I've never had trouble with this in the past.

I should share some of the emails they've been sending me. Apparently they consider affiliates not reaching $100 an example of "abusing" their system. That's a pretty poor attitude towards affiliates... is the money brought in by affiliates not "good money" if it doesn't reach a minimum threshold?

ForumDomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course, this is not the norm and it has never been. This kind of affiliate programs should be avoided! Could you tell us who are they?

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Try emailing them again or make a new site and put the affliates because you will have 75 $ waste for your hardwork then :(.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paymaster7 said:
So, I closed my account at an affiliate program and contacted them. I told them that I wasn't going to be uysing their program anymore and 'can I please have my check'. Their reply was "no".

Apparently they had a $100 threshold limit for payments. I made $72.24. This is their justification for denying payment. They claim that it's not my money, essentially, since I didn't hit $100.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me... I've participated in dozens, if not hundreds of affiliate programs, and every single time I have been paid out my money if I closed my account, regardless of their minimum monthly payment level or whatever.

I spent some time and some money on this program and it didn't work out very well... but to deny me the money I did earn is ridiculous. Am I wrong to be outraged here? What course of action should I pursue?
I once got $7 in check from a company (It costs me about $10 to encash a check so I never encashed it :p) and on asking a 'semi-lawyer' friend that why would they do something like that, he replied that people can drag them to court for it.

You may want to discuss the above point at some law / business forums and send them a Legal Notice.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have money sitting in several parking companies accounts as i moved to greener pastures, I doubt i will ever see any of it again, didnt meet the threshhold for payment

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Better rude with a check than friendly without one.

-=DCG=-

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You could have always tried Namestrands advice. Sell your account to someone else (you could try that here), and let him get the minimum of $100. I assume that you can change over the account.

In any case, I hope you get your money. I have the same concern with some other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators