Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

This is CRAZY - Hurricane Sandy Updates From Baltimore City Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All of my chairs from my back porch are down. I can hear the sound of the wind from my room.
Also hear a couple of gun shots and the police cruisers went by.... The electric is off and on like a yo yo.....Stand by....

Domain Days 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
She is actually hitting Toronto Now, supposed to peak here at 1-2 am.

Everyone stay safe!

Adam

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I live just north of Baltimore City(Carney). This has been the most over-hyped storm I have ever seen. Its like 20-30 mile a hour winds w/ wind gusts of 45-50. Power has flickered a little bit and a lot of rain. Its a poo poo storm IMO

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Staples sign fell on a lady and she was killed instantly (Keele and St. Clair area). I was driving north on Markham road with my family and power line fell in front my car. I saw the sparks before the line fell so was able to stop the car just in time.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Staples sign fell on a lady and she was killed instantly (Keele and St. Clair area). I was driving north on Markham road with my family and power line fell in front my car. I saw the sparks before the line fell so was able to stop the car just in time.
all, please stay safe... take care ...............

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be safe all. Not slowing down for a while and heading on up to Canada.

Watching CNN this late. Snow will be falling for the next 36 hours.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here in DE, the storm lived up to its billing - rain squalls, howling winds, really fearsome - but we emerged safe. Lost power yesterday afternoon, got it back late this morning. Kept all-night vigil by the sump pump in case the backup battery failed at a crucial moment. Hope everybody else here came through unscathed too!

Amazing contrast between the headlines on the two newspapers we get:

View attachment Hurricane Sandy headlines 150.jpg

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with father-in-law (Flat Top, WV).

Power out since about 6 a.m. Wind is starting to die down. Snowdrifts well above 6-8 feet. Looks like about 3-4 feet on back porch. Heavy wet snow starting to fall now and nearly white out conditions. If they stay too much longer, they will be snowed in. He does have a Bobcat front end loader that they can dig their way out to the road if they decide to leave. Propane stove and heat will keep them warm. But are worried about all the food stored in the freezers. Typically they are already gone to Florida this time of year. But doctor's appt. kept them there a little longer.

So, I may be making a trip to Flat Top WV taking my generator if they decide to stay a bit longer. If the local Lowe's /Home Depot still have some generators, I'll load up a few extra to take up.

quamism

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Insane pictures of the destruction and flooding today. Best wishes for anyone experiencing fallout from the storm.

vinsdomains.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I live just north of Baltimore City(Carney). This has been the most over-hyped storm I have ever seen. Its like 20-30 mile a hour winds w/ wind gusts of 45-50. Power has flickered a little bit and a lot of rain. Its a poo poo storm IMO
Not a bright thing to say considering the homes that have burnt down, the flooding that has occurred and the deaths that have resulted. If it wasn't hyped-up, I can only imagine how many more fatalities there could have been. The minimum estimate of damage I've seen from ASCE is 20 billion!!! I'm still without power in Narragansett, RI (as is the entire town) and will likely be that was until this weekend. My neighborhood alone has 1,000s of trees and large limbs down, with a minimum of virtually one per yard. Still many streets simply closed, basically trapping people, although crews and neighbors working together to clear them off the roads. Never saw anything like this, which is what many of the old-timers are also saying. Here's a picture of the road at the bottom of my street taken yesterday. Once I get power back, I'll be posting some incredible video that I took during the storms peak. Insane stuff.

View attachment Road.jpg

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pretty bad...5-6 feet of water now replaced by 5-6 feet of sand.

Loved the shots of those idiots walking around (and looting?) that cafe. Look like the whole thing was ready to collapse at any minute.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is definitely insane. Most of what you were looking at was supposed to be US Route 1 and now it's just beach.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over the past several days of watching tv and updates, I have a new, profound respect for Gov. Christie. New Jerseyans are lucky to have this guy.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got power back in baltimore. Had to jump on here to let you all know. I hope everyone is well. Damage to my parents house in Carroll County Md include flooded basement, and downed tree. It could have been a lot worse. Girlfriends basement also flooded, except for her, it was a few inches and the walls now have to be replaced. Can not even imagine being in NY or NJ right now.

A lady came into my work today and told me that in Harford County, MD... Which is about 45 min NW of baltimore (more in the country) the back up generators at the waste places are still out... and they are, and have been dumping waste into the rivers. I just read an article on BreakingNews.com and it says places in NY and NJ are doing the same thing. That is terrible!!!!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just read an article on BreakingNews.com and it says places in NY and NJ are doing the same thing. That is terrible!!!!
Most places did not even need to do this. The surge and water flooded the waste treatment plants to where the raw sewage poured out. Some treatment plants have been taken totally out. So unless there is a way to turn the raw sewage from coming into where the plant used to be, it is still flowing into whatever is there, even on the ground.

It is going to be a virtual sewer and breeding ground of disease real quick if they do not do something to get rid of the standing water. And they can start by clearing the storm drains on the streets of NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom