• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

This is my <insert random number> post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
12
Anyone else think there is too many "this is my XXXth post!" threads around here?

I have never seen the platinum forums so full of spam before.

It's great that people are so active in these forums, but really - are such posts necessary?

Are the forums coming to the sad stage when people think that a high post count actually means something? If not already at that stage, we seem to be well on our way there.
 
Speaking of "Spam" do you think your post is any better? Stop taking yourself so seriously.
 
Honestly, I think the motives of the threads makers are positive. They want to celebrate the amount of time spent in here, and a remembrance of the effort they have put into this forum from the amount of posts. So, its just a celebration all in all.
 
It's kind of weird that people are all reaching the next hundred mark at the same time, I'm about to have my 600th post myself.
 
I guess the point here is to strike a good balance between quantity (post count) and quality (usefulness of posts).
 
or maybe there could be a sticky in the forum for 'Congratulations I Have (Insert Number Here) Posts', like some forums do
 
''Good idea steve'' *I think that people should be aloud to celabrate there post and post there strong feeling's about this forum. This post is no better than the people who celabrate. This is the platium forum for anything. So it's not acually spam. '' Spam- Spam is when you post a site and or are trying to advertise something.'' Good luck every one, (Joe) NameLegend
 
BLazeD said:
Anyone else think there is too many "this is my XXXth post!" threads around here?

I have never seen the platinum forums so full of spam before.

It's great that people are so active in these forums, but really - are such posts necessary?

Are the forums coming to the sad stage when people think that a high post count actually means something? If not already at that stage, we seem to be well on our way there.

Agree ... these posts are just about as important as posts like;

"I agree"

"Good luck with the sale"

"Wish I had the money"

"Way to go"

But hey, to each their own.

Shaun

PS. The above was purely my personal opinion and any resemblance to people actually members of this forum was purely intentional.
 
Funny, I was just about to start a thread with the exact same title as this...

The thread that was just started about someone's 700th post was pretty funny...maybe everyone should make a new thread everytime they hit a round number of posts?
 
I posted because I thought it was pretty neat that ive reached 500 posts. To some of you, that is nothing, as you have thousands of posts. To me, it shows the time and dedication ive put into this forum... to some it means nothing... to me, it means much more.
 
I think you guys make something that doesnt really matter a big problem....

Are you really going to fight if someone made a thread on Dnforums in the Platinum Lounge which the description happens to be:

Platinum Lounge
This is a private forum available to Platinum and Exclusive members to discuss anything you wish. No advertising.
 
Hay guys, this is post 807 for me.

It deserved a thread, but thanks to all the party poopers for raining on my parade. There won't be any party now, and I'm not sharing the cake.
 
This is my 213th post....
 
i am not concenred about a thread of my own i will just use yours to say this is my 100th post... thanks for the space
 
Awesome... so we've made this a game now. lol You guys really know how to kill a celebration!!!!
 
Ashaw said:
Awesome... so we've made this a game now. lol You guys really know how to kill a celebration!!!!

Stop trying to be such a saint...

We aren't killing anything...no one is celebrating anything is this thread.
 
Anyone interested in their post count imho does not care about post quality.
 
*Note to self* In the domain business their is no fun... you must be serious at all times...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom