Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Threatened by Hackers - any recourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What, the email wasn't signed with "Best gards"? :D

Domain Summit 2024

Nathan King

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a great use of the FBI's resources.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It might be better just to ignore them. My guess is they sent out a bunch of emails and probably concentrate on the ones that do reply.

nnnnKing

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never see a hacker is so stupid like that LOL

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It might be better just to ignore them. My guess is they sent out a bunch of emails and probably concentrate on the ones that do reply.

Agreed. That thinking is the very basis on which the success of spammers is built.

By acknowledging it with a response, not only do you tell them that you are even in the slightest threatened by their statements, but you reveal all sorts of information to them by sending them an email (regardless of the message's contents), which they can further use to identify you and reinforce their threats.

Eraser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Never reply to such emails. These people send mass emails for looking for easy money. IMO, no need to worry especially if it's a parked page.

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also got one of these today. The domain in question is a holding page; so not overly bothered.

Can't find anywhere to report it in the UK - Police e-Crimes unit doesn't seem to cover this kind of thing??? Unless I just haven't found that page yet!

Perhaps here might be a good start ?

https://www.ecrimewales.com/server.php?show=nav.8858

It's for Wales, but they may be able to redirect you (or your report) to the appropriate regional or national authorities.

Cheers,
Rob

DC20

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ROFL "have spent pretty money much" ....they need the money for English lessons, have mercy man! I'd just ignore it and put it in the collection with the funny Chinese spam. Or perhaps reply with get rich quick advice from my spam collection:

Your future wealth starts with the Original Swiss watch! Our watches will turn our life upside down!

"our life"...you've got to love spam now days.

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well the last thing you want to do is to let them know that there is actually somebody reading their spam.. So (even though I know most people were saying it in fun) DO NOT contact or REPLY to them in any way.

These guys hack Email accounts.. No need to call attention to yourself.. Setup an Email filter and forget all about them..

Coldforce

Coldforce.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got it as well but like 10 times with different subjects and same content.... Hahah such dorks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom