Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Time to sue this registrar ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

President Gringo

i hope they are not con merchants, coz i been using them and was gonna transfer all my domains to them to make it easier to manage (not that they would wanna steal my names :p)

D

DomainNameFactory

RegisterFly.com triple billed my credit card during the .us rush and they STILL owe me money almost 6 months later. :(

Ari Goldberger

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be careful about making any public statements about a registrar which are disparaging as you might give them a grounds for alleging you are slandering or libeling them. However, I am aware of many individuals who claim their valuable domains have been wrongfully deleted, and registrars, as a rule, are not helpful in resolving the matter. The problem with a class action suit is that every member of the class must have an identical harm, but domains have different values and there are varied circumstances. Another problem is that many registrars limit their damages in the domain name registration agreement. However, I believe it could be argued that the damage limitation is unenforceable.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Talk about identical harm, how about AplusNet / Names4ever taking $10 preregistration fees on the .info LR2 and then not submitting the aps or participating? No refund they say.

There's a classaction possibility if I ever saw one. Took $2200 just from me. How much in total I wonder?

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So is ENOM bad??? I have one domain registered with Powerpipe.com , but someone pointed out that they are an enom reseller. My domain expires in november, and I have been getting emails from powerpipe letting me know when my domain will expire (like 90 days, 60 days, 30 days,) so on. So they are letting me know well in advanced. Am I most likely in the clear with them.

Someone had told me the other night that if a domain company was Verisign backed, then they are good. Not from what you guys are saying.

Is nameboy.com or Godaddy.com the best two?

thanks
bryan

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jester,

Perhaps you should tell us what the domains are, so there's less "anonymity".

Anyone know Tim Shor? If he's worth his salt, he should get on here, explain himself and rectify the situation.

Cheers,

Chris.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>And if memory serves me correctly, a registrar
>cannot just give names away, they must let
>them expire through the normal channels.

LMAO.

The list of registrars hocking expired names off through special deals is LONG AND DISTINGUISHED.

And it's been going on for quite some time.

jester

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just quick a update on my situation for all the people who have kindly taken time to reply to my post.

Spoke with Enom on the phone several times. Although they are very friendly and courteous they are not able to help me with the problem at registerfly. They seem to have very good support so I am presently considering opening reseller account with them. Presently using onlinenic and their service has been outstanding.

I did get some replies from registerfly. They keep saying almost all of cases like mine are user credit card fraud and are proscuting every one of them. They said I should fax in my credit card statement as proof that purchase was legal. Not really sure what this proves since i think they have access to their merchant accounts for various methodes of verifications. But I did fax them my credit card statement. Have not heard back from them ever again. My guess is they now know they screwed up big time and hoping I will just go away.

If anyone know of good domains lawyer please foreward them to me. Thank you

S

Silverwire

Originally posted by jester

If anyone know of good domains lawyer please foreward them to me. Thank you

There are several who have been generous with their time and advice on the forum:
"jberryhill"
"HOWARD"
and "Ari Goldberger" (who posted in this thread, see his signature for contact info)

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why dont you do as they ask?
send in the statement and quit this nonsense..send it certified mail..

You want them to take your word for it..

the real world does not operate in any such fashion..

Dont mean to sound like a smass ..but YOU are claiming fraud and yet you have not made every effort to even get registerfly your CC statement...it's been nearly month since you started this thread ..have yet giving them the requested statement ?

Has this isssue been resovled?

jester

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
bidawinner,

If you read my last posting, it says I did fax them my credit card statement per their request. I also emailed them of this fact. It has been over two weeks since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom