Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tips for selling gTLD, please help!

vkot

Level 1
Reaction score
I thought that it would be a good idea to buy gTLD the moment that they become available. But it seems that there is too little interest for most gTLD. Now I am in despair because I have spent much money to buy some of these domain names, they were considered premium in all registrars where I checked before buying. To be more specific, I paid $XXX for each one of these domain names: boy.gay , woman.gay , women.gay . Short length, great keywords, memorable, ... The rest of my gTLDs cost a few $XX each. I have listed all of them for sale in sedo and others, and in FB groups, and ebay, etc. I haven't yet searched for any potential buyer to contact directly, I am not related to this niche.
I have parked the domains at sedo, but maybe I should try another site, or make my own parking site with Google Ads etc.
I have also thought of creating relevant websites for these domains, maybe community, hoping that they will attract traffic and become more valuable, but it needs time.

The online tools value the above 3 domains at $XXX and GoDaddy even says $XXXX for 2 of them. I am confused of the real value of my domains.

I really need to sell my domains because I need the money. At least, get a portion of what I spent so that it will not be a total loss. And I cannot afford to wait much and then pay for domain renewal.
Yes, I am a newbie in buying/selling domains (but not in IT). How do you think should I proceed?
If someone can find me a buyer, I will give a very generous commission!

FYI, I have listed all my domains for sale on this forum too:

Last edited by a moderator:
Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

sorry, but you fell into the trap of > not knowing and buying, before leaning what to buy and what not to buy.

unless you build websites on them and try to monetize that way
then best thing you can do is try to get some of what you paid for them, and drop them when expiration time comes.

imo...

vkot

Level 1
Reaction score
I don't understand... there other gTLD out there that sound silly or are too long, but seems that they are much more popular: .xyz .best .men .loans .photography .company ... etc etc.
In my naive mind, short Top and Second Level Domain Names, with single english words, should be pretty popular.
Anyway, Thank you for your reply, I would love to know more about domain names buy/sell, but first I have to hurry and sell somehow my most expensive domains, I am too stressed.

vkot

Level 1
Reaction score
No, I haven't tried it, yet. Do you think that there are much better chances to sell there?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators