• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed TomPodcast.com ..Tom.com sold for $2.5million

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Murdoch

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Please help me appraise TomPodcast.com as I have an interested buyer on the horizon. Tom.com was sold for $2.5 million in 2004 reported on dnsaleprice.com. I believe Podcasts are going to be big big business even more so now with the debut of Apple's Iphone. So I want to make sure I get the best value for this domain. Help appraise please..

maybe if I'm luck I can sell it to Tom Cruise eh!
 
$20

You can't compare tom.com to this name.
 
REGFEE...SORRY :sigh2:
 
Thanks for your candid responses, however I do beg to differ! Surely if I'm taking a rather parochial view then perhaps these value are justified, however podcasting as a business going forwad is about audio & video publishing which potentially will attract more advertising as ipods, zunes and so on become so common sense. The other thing is, anyone with some area of specialization will be able to create podcasts on the fly for distribution, subscriptions or free. Therefore Tom could be a hot TV host for instance like Oprah or Jay Leno etc.. and uses TomPodcast to reach a wider global audience, there can only be one Tompodcast.com but there are millions of toms out there. As recent ressearch suggests, podcasting will scale past blogging and attract big advertising spending by 2010, therefore podcast names such as BeethovenPodcast, MonetPodcast, GerswinPodcast etc..will serve niche audiences that don't want to bother with broader audio or video broadcasts. I agree my view may be somewhat biased as I happen to own those names, but really guys, this is where I really see the industry going media convergence e.g iPhone and narrow cast content to suit evryone 24/7 anywhere anytime!
 
Thanks for your candid responses, however I do beg to differ! Surely if I'm taking a rather parochial view then perhaps these value are justified, however podcasting as a business going forwad is about audio & video publishing which potentially will attract more advertising as ipods, zunes and so on become so common sense. The other thing is, anyone with some area of specialization will be able to create podcasts on the fly for distribution, subscriptions or free. Therefore Tom could be a hot TV host for instance like Oprah or Jay Leno etc.. and uses TomPodcast to reach a wider global audience, there can only be one Tompodcast.com but there are millions of toms out there. As recent ressearch suggests, podcasting will scale past blogging and attract big advertising spending by 2010, therefore podcast names such as BeethovenPodcast, MonetPodcast, GerswinPodcast etc..will serve niche audiences that don't want to bother with broader audio or video broadcasts. I agree my view may be somewhat biased as I happen to own those names, but really guys, this is where I really see the industry going media convergence e.g iPhone and narrow cast content to suit evryone 24/7 anywhere anytime!

A Tom looking to cast some video would have too many other options for domain names including domain names not containing Tom. With the launch of the iPhone, the 'pod' is yesterdays word anyway. Therefore I have to agree with the above values sorry.
 
Thanks for your candid responses, however I do beg to differ! Surely if I'm taking a rather parochial view then perhaps these value are justified, however podcasting as a business going forwad is about audio & video publishing which potentially will attract more advertising as ipods, zunes and so on become so common sense. The other thing is, anyone with some area of specialization will be able to create podcasts on the fly for distribution, subscriptions or free. Therefore Tom could be a hot TV host for instance like Oprah or Jay Leno etc.. and uses TomPodcast to reach a wider global audience, there can only be one Tompodcast.com but there are millions of toms out there. As recent ressearch suggests, podcasting will scale past blogging and attract big advertising spending by 2010, therefore podcast names such as BeethovenPodcast, MonetPodcast, GerswinPodcast etc..will serve niche audiences that don't want to bother with broader audio or video broadcasts. I agree my view may be somewhat biased as I happen to own those names, but really guys, this is where I really see the industry going media convergence e.g iPhone and narrow cast content to suit evryone 24/7 anywhere anytime!

lots of talk..but that doenst increase the value..its a $0 domain...not even regfee.. monetpodcast? stop wasting your money...
 
It's poor grammar and therefore ugly imho. tomspodcast.com works much better. Of course that only matters if anyone is buying <name>'spodcast.com domains, which you're talking about end users without much reason to put alot of money into it anyway.

No market + bad grammar + low budget possible end user = reg fee.
 
The comments here are still not particularly objective. To be honest, the managing director of a radio station I cannot disclose has just taken the great effort to solicit a potential offer on this name by tracking down my phone number through whois I suppose. Which is why I'm looking for an appraisal. C'mon guys!.. I'm not going to turn around and sell it to him for the reg fee...right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom