• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Top .com domain: FARMA

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pertosda

AdSense Optimizer
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
399
Reaction score
2
How much would pharma.com sell for?

Even though "pharma" is not a dictionary word it has always been related to pharmaceutical world and it is widely used when referring to "pharma labs". Obviously it has a huge commercial value.

Well, we are entertaining offers for the spanish equivalent: FARMA (both .com and .net)

We own this domain since year 1999. It has been developed during last years with a pharma directory, its content has been updated on a regular basis but there has not been a big promotion neither a deeper development. Currently it has PR4, lots of backlinks and about 15,000 monthly uniques (we are tracking stats now with Google Analytics so we will have more accurate numbers soon).

This is a great 5-letters meaningful dotcom. It is mainly spanish but it obviously works in english too, though it is not to be considered a mere twist of pharma.com. It is like having pharma.com working for the whole spanish speaking market (whose pharmaceutical target is huge) plus the english twist. It also works for many other languages.

So, I would say we are talking about a true gem here. We are currently entertaining offers trying to decide what is the best thing for us to do: to sell or to go into further development and promotion.

Your appraisals and opinions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
Yes, it is a very nice name. You just have to find a pharma company that wants it. Not the resellers and domainers here. Or to develop it further and keep it.
 
Spanish names have sold for a lot in the past. An xxx,xxx sale wouldn't be out of hand
 
Thanks for your kind opinions, guys. I appreciate.

The thing is we are currently focused in other projects unrelated to pharmaceutical world, so we might prefer to make some cash with this one and dedicate the obtained benefits to promote them.

The great thing would be to find an end user but I know there are big players around here so I just would like to check the chance of a real sale. Even a reseller price would be considered.

Any other comment or appraisal? Thanks!
 
There is a guy who has bought a ton of premium Spanish names in the past, I can't recall his name off the top of my head but I have read articles about him...

Nice name, Good luck!
 
There is a guy who has bought a ton of premium Spanish names in the past, I can't recall his name off the top of my head but I have read articles about him...

Nice name, Good luck!

Chris Chena
 
Yes, I know about him.

But I dont think this is the kind of domains he buys. He probably owns about 5 or 6 one-million-dollar (literally) domains, always top generic spanish names. He recently sold juegos.com (games) and bought coches.com (cars) and clasificados.com (classifieds). You can guess the amounts of those transactions...

Though FARMA is a great word, maybe even able to achieve a 6 figures sale, I would say it does not fit into his strategy.

Anyway I appreciate very much your helping comments. It would be great to hear some more opinions too.

Thanks.
 
Any "big player" around? :)

Looking for opinions and appraisals mainly, but also for possible interested buyers.

Thanks!
 
Hi again guys,

During these last two months we have had a couple of offers, $40,000 the highest. But we are patiently looking for something around $100K.

What do you think? Unrealistic? Pessimistic? Any better offer?

Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom