Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Toronto - GTA and Surrounding area Domainers

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in K-W, so the trip to TO would be very doable for me. I'd love to meet some of the players that frequent this site, and get more integrated into the community. This could be interesting!

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's the first thing that came to my mind :) Didn't say it so as to maintain a professional tone. You can definitely tell I'm new here.

Incidentally, the Urban Dictionary definition of BTFW has PR3 on Google.

I'll send off PM's now. Will direct them to the new thread.

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kick Start -GTA Toronto Domainers : I'm Back after a long break from domaining. Looking to chat with my fellow GTA domainers.

Chapel Update: Have been in Real Estate now for 2 years and doing well. Used my Knowledge of Domains to help me along. Personally own approx 20 realestate domains mostly parked developed a handful of them for my career. Looking to get into Domaining once again with the winter approaching. I have a few Domains I'd like to Develop I have 3 Forum style domains (non domain related (@DCG)) that I'd like to work on. If anyone is interested in a team up effort Let me know.

Meeting: Well we have had 2 official meet ups in the GTA that I personally attended 1. We had at Ultra (Downtown) 2. We had at a Restaurant Uptown (which DCG attended). These were so long ago and now we have so many more GTA domainers it would be nice to hang out and find a RL place to chat.

Any suggestions can be posted here:
1. I like Downtown Toronto for transit and easy to find a place to meet, I'm thinking 3rd week in October midweek early evening. My Suggestion is Brant House on Thursday or Friday.

Thanks,

Last edited:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im in, let me know when and where - weeknights work best for me

d97

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I may also be interested...preferably in the GTA though..

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
id be interested but coming from out of town a weekend night would be ideal

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep me updated on plans as well. Would love to attend.

Sgroove

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Toronto here, let me know if you want to organize another meeting. I'm in...

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yup

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Per the contents of this thread, the consensus seems to be that sometime in the first week of March would be the right idea, as that's when Ilze is coming down to the GTA again.

Of course, I realize now that's a couple of weeks from today. Why don't we say Saturday the 3rd?

Last meeting took place at Moxies in Yorkdale, however that was slammed, and parking was an issue.

I understand there to be a few of us from Mississauga... anybody know a good (and TTC accessible) place a bit further west?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the west would be better for me too - im comming from oakville?

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations?

I know a very good place at Bathurst and King... just off the Gardiner, and as I understand it, parking is doable to find nearby.

Should further west be better suited, I would not know of any places off the top of my head. Would definitely encourage suggestions.

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How Does everyone feel about Wednesday night March 14th 2012? at the Wheat Sheaf or the Bank Note both on the corner of King and Bathurst? not too pricey and there is street parking on Wellington or we could meet at Beer Market on Portland and King ample paid parking up the street at Adelaide.

I would like to meet up too been trying to get some people together again but it has been difficult to find a date time and place that we can agree to.

Let me know please and thanks,

Chapel

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How Does everyone feel about Wednesday night March 14th 2012? at the Wheat Sheaf or the Bank Note both on the corner of King and Bathurst? not too pricey and there is street parking on Wellington or we could meet at Beer Market on Portland and King ample paid parking up the street at Adelaide.

I would like to meet up too been trying to get some people together again but it has been difficult to find a date time and place that we can agree to.

Let me know please and thanks,

Chapel

Banknote's better... food is cheaper, and they have a much wider selection of drinks (Wheat Sheaf only serves beer).

I know this by experience because I've worked across the street from both places for close to three years :smilewinkgrin:

Could we say the prior Wednesday (the 7th)? As I was hoping Ilze can join us and she is here the week of the 3rd.

Ilze

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for remembering my trip to beautiful Mississauga Maxwell...I will be around on Friday and Saturday night,March 2 and 3.... so if anyone wants to
meet me for a drink, that would be great. After that, I am out of the country.

Chapel, I look forward to meeting you at a future domainer meet-up.

Best,
Ilze

Chapel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry Guys, I'm a Real Esate Agent and things have been really busy I don't even know if the 14th is gonna work. A few more responses would be good. Is anyone else still in for Wednesday the 14th let me know and post here please. Lets see if we can get a few people together.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom