• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Toshiba Canada vs Toshiba USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam DickerAdam Dicker is verified member.

Level 12
Domain Broker
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
1,192
I wanted to order a new notebook but came across much Bureaucracy.

You see Toshiba USA has a notebook I want but Toshiba Canada doesn't carry it. So I tried to order it from Toshiba USA. Then they gave me static as I am a Canadian. So then I tried ordering it through my US company but paying with a Canadian credit card. More flags were raised and I was declined yet again.

So I can't get it In Canada or the USA.

No wonder this world is such a mess.

-=DCG=-
 
DotComGod said:
I wanted to order a new notebook but came across much Bureaucracy.

You see Toshiba USA has a notebook I want but Toshiba Canada doesn't carry it. So I tried to order it from Toshiba USA. Then they gave me static as I am a Canadian. So then I tried ordering it through my US company but paying with a Canadian credit card. More flags were raised and I was declined yet again.

So I can't get it In Canada or the USA.

No wonder this world is such a mess.

-=DCG=-
Why not just pay someone you trust, who lives in the USA, and get him/her to buy it for you? Can't be that big a deal, and i know you posted this for the principle of the thing, but still...just proposing a solution here...
 
DotComGod said:
I wanted to order a new notebook but came across much Bureaucracy.

You see Toshiba USA has a notebook I want but Toshiba Canada doesn't carry it. So I tried to order it from Toshiba USA. Then they gave me static as I am a Canadian. So then I tried ordering it through my US company but paying with a Canadian credit card. More flags were raised and I was declined yet again.


Maybe try getting a US business checking acct that offers a debit Visa/MC card. If you still can't get by address verification then you should probablly get a UPS store mailbox on the US side of the border if its that important.

Only downside is 15% tax on said item when bringing it back across the border... assuming you declare it.
 
Not to start a fight here, but US businesses piss me off. They don't ship to Canada because it's "international" or if they do ship the shipping fees are 5 times more than they should be.

I can't count the number of times where I was ready to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars with a company only to find out they won't ship to me.

It's not difficult to ship product, so what's the issue?

Did you know that some credit card companies charge an extra fee for purchasing products out of your country? No, this isn't an exchange fee, it's a not paying attention fee that you don't know about until your bill comes. It's also a fee they don't explain to their customers and the buyer assumes it is the seller charging this fee. It's a complete scam.
 
The funniest is when George Bush & Co. tell Americans we shouldn't buy prescriptions from Canada, because they're "dangerous"... even if the drugs are manufactured and packaged in the US!

We should make Canada the 51st state and be done with the silliness.
 
DNGeeks said:
Not to start a fight here, but US businesses piss me off. They don't ship to Canada because it's "international" or if they do ship the shipping fees are 5 times more than they should be.


This is usually because they quote USPS/UPS global overseas rates rather than the proper surface rates... or their cart software does it automatically.

I've found about 50% of places will reduce the rates if I point it out. The other 50% will just pocket the difference and laugh at outsiders as all good Americans do.


Lots of places flat out refuse to ship to Canada because Canada Customs is a constant, non-stop pain in the ass.
 
Customs is not difficult to deal with as long as companies can make a proper invoice. All they need to do is list contents, value and country of origin.

I import thousands of dollars worth of product into Canada and there's never a problem, until some dimwit doesn't put country of origin or forgets to include an invoice. Worse yet is when they guess what the country of origin is and they get it wrong.
 
JuniperPark said:
We should make Canada the 51st state and be done with the silliness.

Please god do not let that happen...
 
And I always thought Canada & USA were buddy buddies when it comes to trade relationships. :huh:
 
Canada is a small country... I just view it as a northern getaway.
 
I have nothing against the US - I have many American friends and often go on vacation there, I just really enjoy being Canadian and do not wish to become an American any time soon.

As for Canada being small, its the 2nd largest nation in the world in terms of land. And although our population is 1/10 of America's, our country is much more spacious and cleaner as a result.

NameWolf said:
And I always thought Canada & USA were buddy buddies when it comes to trade relationships. :huh:

except for softwood lumber :dead:
 
JuniperPark said:
We should make Canada the 51st state and be done with the silliness.

ok, let's get this party started!

Isn't Canada producing WMD? How about all those terrorists they "allow" to smuggle in to the US? And all those French-speaking sympathizers. Clearly, something has to be done.

I've started the ball rolling. But don't worry, we're just going to "liberate" you. Prepare to throw flowers at our feet.

DCG, once we're done things should be much better for you.

:-D
 
I actually want to take a trip up to Canada this summer.. Will be my first time out of the US....
 
Go for Canada...

What was it? As a British passport holder can´t apply for a green card but easily move to Canada?
Do your business trip to the US, buy the notebook and take it back home.
Customs is no problem when you have the papers.
 
Blame Canada

Sheila: Times have changed
Our kids are getting worse
They won't obey their parents
They just want to fart and curse!
Sharon: Should we blame the government?
Liane: Or blame society?
Dads: Or should we blame the images on TV?
Sheila: No, blame Canada
Everyone: Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their beady little eyes
And Suckin' ***** with English guys
Everyone: Blame Canada
Blame Canada
Sheila: We need to form a full assault
Everyone: It's Canada's fault!
Sharon: Don't blame me
For my son Stan
He saw the damn cartoon
And now he's off to join the Klan!
Liane: And my boy Eric once
Had my picture on his shelf
But now when I see him he tells me to **** myself!
Sheila: Well, blame Canada
Everyone: Blame Canada
Sheila: It seems that everything's gone wrong
Since Canada came along
Everyone: Blame Canada
Blame Canada
Copy Guy: They're not even a ****ing country anyway
Ms. McCormick: My son could've been a doctor or a lawyer rich and true,
Instead he burned up like a piggy on the barbecue
Everyone: Should we blame the matches?
Should we blame the fire?
Or the doctors who allowed him to expire?
Sheila: **** no!
Everyone: Blame Canada
Blame Canada
Sheila: With all their hockey hullabaloo
Liane: And that bitch Anne Murray too
Everyone: Blame Canada
Shame on Canada
For...
The smut we must stop
The trash we must bash
The Laughter and fun
Must all be undone
Before someone thinks of blaming uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus!!!!
 
CS-Admin said:
LOL, first muslims vs. the rest of the world
now Canada vs. USA

LOL

I think its the rest of the world vs muslims ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom