• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed tour.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveJung

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2006
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
tour.com is not for public sale at this moment; it is being privately handled. Thank you.
 
tour.com

awesome name maybe 5 times

4-5 million is not out of the question as major tour companies gather around the camp fire. to admire your prize. Easy to brand easy to say, easy to remember... you can go after magazines or touring industries

this domain name Rocks
 
Comparable sales can be found at dnjournal.com.

I would say that this is better than blue.com (500k March 2006) and bike.com (500k June 2006). I would say that tour.com is about as good as Fish.com (1,020,000 Nov 2005).

Travel is massive but this is not a popular keyword like 'travel' or 'flights'. Overture results are only 63131 w/o http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/

You may get 1 milion or more. I would be tempted to try to improve the 700k offer. Take a share in the future business or take annual payments.

I would correspond only via a domain name lawyer.
 
I actually think its not as great as Blue.com.. I think while tourism is huge especially over the web, the plural (tours.com) is way better, I could see the plural sell for a million or more, but tour.com I would say that 500k-1M is a fair offer
 
I would not take any less then 1 mil for this.

Why?

Because you will get it. Period.


Nice name
 
tour.com - 100k - 200k ---- tours.com 500k - 1mill+
 
Agreed with SouthernTn.

Singular version is much weaker then the plural version in this case.
 
Very Nice Name. Agreed Above.
 
Yup, my thoughts exactly.....tours.com may fetch high 6 figures to low 7 figures. But, as to tour.com, low to mid 6 figures is about right.

-Joe
 
Big-Time name. Solid six-figures. I am having a hard time narrowing this name down to a closer range, but it is a great name.
 
Hello everyone,

I need your assistance to appraise this site.
I am consultant with PwC Korea and I have been assigned to appraise and negotiate this site address on behalf of the owner Mr. W.J Lee.

To give you a bit of background, a UK & US (Texas) travel firm offered 500k &700K USD, respectfully, late last year.

I assume that these companies did do their due dilligence before calling my client so I would assume that they did low ball their offer by at least by 50%, so is a valuation range of 1M-1.5M USD a reasonable point to begin?

Based on the length, industry and common usage of the word, at least 1M seems appropriate.

Thoughts and comments?

Regards,
David Jung

http://www.dnforum.com/thread106732.html
 
What exactly is the problem? Ownership? Doesn't 'assigned to appraise and negotiate this site address on behalf of the owner' cover it? Thanks.

No!

I suppose anyone could sign-up and say they have blah blah to seek blah blah and get an appraisal.

Either you have to own the domain or you don't...plain and simple.


imo
 
I agree, because by telling a non-owner (non-domain-expert consultant) how much this domain could fetch potentially (or not), it could shift the agenda of the consultant to agree (or not agree) to a deal that does not make the most sense for the owner but to whatever makes the consultant the most money, might that be more hours in negotiating or because the consultant makes more money (or only money) if the domain is sold, which is why this board should stay strickly for owners..



No!

I suppose anyone could sign-up and say they have blah blah to seek blah blah and get an appraisal.

Either you have to own the domain or you don't...plain and simple.


imo
 
pwc dont know anything about domains and this thread kinda proves it.

oh and they cant even manage their own domains (see here
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-923467.html) so i am not sure why someone would pay them thousands to post on a public msg board.

and cmon, if you had a potentially 750k asset would you really want a kid 18 months out of university doing the "valuation". er cos that is the amount of experience 90% of "associate consultants" at pwc have....... and the ones with more missed their promotion.
 
tour.com - 100k - 200k ---- tours.com 500k - 1mill+

Tour.com is the BETTER word as it is a verb and implies action (and adventure) rather the Tours.com, a noun which seems bland and prepackaged in comparison. JMHO.
Very high-end and I would think worth minimum 3 million but who really knows until the deal is sealed.
 
Agreed domainlobe. The singular is the better & more desirable in my opinion too. The singular offers the same potential as tours as in package tour/s etc. To tour, to travel etc., to visit etc
It may be just an American thing & the 'way' they use the language.
If i had deep pockets (which i don't) i would want the generic in it's purest form. (there are exceptions of course). This is the one i would want. We al have ideas what it may be worth. There are many more experienced guys on here, but my guess is $300,000 up
Also the Guys were right earlier, i always believed you had to own the domain to post an appraisal. Take it easy, Guy
 
Tour.com is the BETTER word as it is a verb and implies action (and adventure) rather the Tours.com, a noun which seems bland and prepackaged in comparison. JMHO.
Very high-end and I would think worth minimum 3 million but who really knows until the deal is sealed.

Both are good.. But, imo if I had to choose which one to use, I would choose tours because of it being plural and I could use the name to split the categories up.. Music Tours , Cheap Tours through different countries and states.. Thats just my idea. imo, both could be used for touring, but a little bit differently.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom