• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed TourismChina.net - Worth $xxx or $xxxx? Or more? :)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canadia

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I just picked up TourismChina.net today when it expired.

So I don't know what kind of traffic it gets, but based on the name, I'm wondering what others feel it's worth... $xxx or $x,xxx? Maybe even more? :) (although I know it's doubtful)

.com, .org, .info, and .biz are all taken

From a bit of Googling, I noticed that www.tourismchina-ca.com is the "China National Tourist Office" (based out of Toronto).

I know a little about China (from general things you read/see in the media about the economy and reforms).

But I don't know a whole lot about its tourism in particular, so I'm leaning towards just flipping the domain for some quick profit, maybe by trying to see if something like BuyDomains want it.

I know a few people who have visited though, and from what I've heard about some of the interesting tourist attractions, the domain seems like it has good potential at least.

Thanks a lot for any comments
 
My suggestion would be to contact China NationalTourist office via phone, or email. There are also other Chinese tourists out thier. The Name you have is decent, not exactally the best considering its a .net. Would also be better as ChineseTourism.net. Tarket end users, its not unlikely you can get low-mid $xxx for it.
 
worth $ or $$

definitely not $$$$
 
Shoot, I was hoping it was better... thought appraisals would be higher.

But thanks though, I appreciate the comments.


I was just looking at the other extensions, and it seems that the "China National Tourist Office" (in Toronto) owns the .org too... so I guess they may not have a strong need for .net. But apparently there are 16 other offices like that in various cities, so that may help.

I also noticed that the .biz owner has tourismchina.biz for sale on Sedo for $4500... so I guess at least he'll make a good target to see if he has interest :)
 
Go for it. Dont base your sale price on that figure though, its unrealistic. Shoot for a few hundred. Obviously if he values his .biz at 4.5k, he will surely value yours since its a .net.

Goodluck regardless.

-@$H@W-
 
Oh yeah, I definitely think that figure is way too high :) But I'm hoping it will reflect his interest in the .net as you said.

Thanks
 
ChinaTourism would have more value. Yours worth maybe low-mid $xxx.
 
it doesnt really sound right gramatically, and I dont think its very catchy either, and its a .net...sure there is always the chance of someone being interested, but I dont think I would have picked it up after a drop,.. $xx
 
From these comments, I've realized that there may be a difference in how Canadians and Americans (and others) use the word tourism (seems used much less in the US).

I've noticed that many (possibly most) official tourism sites in Canada are in the format of:

tourismvancouver.com
tourismniagara
tourisme-montreal
etc.

...possibly due to tourism being close to the French version of tourisme. That's probably why the official Chinese tourist office web site in Canada is TourismChina-ca.com as well.

But I guess the term travel is used much more in the US.

I guess it's alright though -- I think it's still worth at least what I paid (although I do kinda wish I had bought some other domains instead of this 1 domain... I added the domain on a whim with a few minutes left, and didn't expect it to actually be caught).
 
Would also be better as ChineseTourism.net.
My experience in keyword research has been that the primary keyword is followed by descriptive ones. here, tourism is the main word, china describing the type of tourism. "Chinese" tourism points to the fact it's an adjective or wtv.
So IMHO, tourismchina.net is actually better.
 
it is usually:

travelcountry.com
visitcountry.com
flycountry.com
enjoycountry.com
... but ...
countrytourism.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom