Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

trademark issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,
if i registered a domain & i discovered it can be or may be a trademark issue.
if i delete that domain, so i will be in the safe side?
thanks alot

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
change the whois info and delete the domain.... and don't do it again.

-=DCG=-

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
change the whois info and delete the domain.... and don't do it again.

-=DCG=-

thank you for your info but i'm reading here now & found from another user that the domain is not delete immediately but it will be with godaddy parking & i just read also that the user discovered that there's renewal fees for the deleted domain when the time came for renewal!!!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thank you for your info but i'm reading here now & found from another user that the domain is not delete immediately but it will be with godaddy parking & i just read also that the user discovered that there's renewal fees for the deleted domain when the time came for renewal!!!

Not true, change the whois on the domain first to crap whois then delete the domain and you will be fine.

Trust me on this.

-=DCG=-

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not true, change the whois on the domain first to crap whois then delete the domain and you will be fine.

Trust me on this.

-=DCG=-

Probably one of the only benefits of using GoDaddy.

I've had some potential TM domains before and this feature helped me out handsomely.

Just put "John Doe 123 Main Street Anytown AK 12345 18005555555" as the contact details to muddy the waters, should the TM owner come after you for having registered the name in the past.

So long as it's deleted, it's either available to register, or belongs to someone else. And if it belongs to someone else, what the heck would a TM owner be coming after you for, since you don't even own the name?

TM names are like a hot potato that never cools. Don't be caught holding one.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Trust me on this.

-=DCG=-

ok but the domain didn't delete till now!
i can't find it in my account but it still registered, how long will it take to see the domain delete?

Dorin

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be careful, I am still contacting godaddy about this issue. when I find the domain has TM problem, I immediately deleted it. I never thought after 2 months godaddy charges me $20 for TM owner complained, $29 for UDRP. And godaddy parked the domain with godaddy ads in this 2 months. Now Godaddy will lock my account.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Probably one of the only benefits of using GoDaddy.

I've had some potential TM domains before and this feature helped me out handsomely.

Just put "John Doe 123 Main Street Anytown AK 12345 18005555555" as the contact details to muddy the waters, should the TM owner come after you for having registered the name in the past.

So long as it's deleted, it's either available to register, or belongs to someone else. And if it belongs to someone else, what the heck would a TM owner be coming after you for, since you don't even own the name?

TM names are like a hot potato that never cools. Don't be caught holding one.

Be careful, I am still contacting godaddy about this issue. when I find the domain has TM problem, I immediately deleted it. I never thought after 2 months godaddy charges me $20 for TM owner complained, $29 for UDRP. And godaddy parked the domain with godaddy ads in this 2 months. Now Godaddy will lock my account.

that's the points!
so what's the problem of TM issues if it can be solve by transferring the domain(s) that have TM problems to the TM owners if they need them?! isn't this the easiest ways to solve the problems?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The easiest solution to the problem is:

• A. Don't reg them.
  • B. Drop the Name
  • C. Don't contact the TM holder
  • D. All the above

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The easiest solution to the problem is:

• A. Don't reg them.
  • B. Drop the Name
  • C. Don't contact the TM holder
  • D. All the above

sure i learnt the lessons,
i wrote for those who registered domain & don't know it can make TM issues & received asking of the domain from the TM owners, that's what i think about after i keep reading here from yesterday, so if that happened so:
what's the problem of TM issues if it can be solve by transferring the domain(s) that have TM problems to the TM owners if they need them?! isn't this the easiest ways to solve the problems?

Dorin

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whenever TM owners contact me, I immediately reply: I can transfer the domain to you or delete it immediately.

But the problem is one of my deleted domain was made active back into my account by godaddy after near 2 months. And the TM owner filed UDRP to the domain. In this period, godaddy was parking the domain with all kinds of godaddy ads.

It is like you see some stones on the roadside, you collected it and then sent them back. But some one forced to put the stones back into your pocket and filed a case against you saying you illegally owned it. The rediculous thing is the guy who put the stones back to your pocket charged you money without notice and monetized the stones for a month long period.

I do not understand the logic inside. Maybe just because I am not a native American?

Dopa.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whenever TM owners contact me, I immediately reply: I can transfer the domain to you or delete it immediately.

But the problem is one of my deleted domain was made active back into my account by godaddy after near 2 months. And the TM owner filed UDRP to the domain. In this period, godaddy was parking the domain with all kinds of godaddy ads.

It is like you see some stones on the roadside, you collected it and then sent them back. But some one forced to put the stones back into your pocket and filed a case against you saying you illegally owned it. The rediculous thing is the guy who put the stones back to your pocket charged you money without notice and monetized the stones for a month long period.

I do not understand the logic inside. Maybe just because I am not a native American?

The same feeling. Haven't you gotten any reasonable answer from Godaddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom