Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Trademark research

AussieKaren

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a question relating to TM.
I want to do a search on each domain name before I hand register it. How safe am I from tracking cookies etc when I go into the TM search sites? I.E. are those sites safe enough to stop someone sniping me and registering the name first.

Domain summit 2024

Dushan Savich

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if the USPTO tracks peoples cookies in order to beat you to the reg, and hope it sells the domain to some unknown buyer later on ect.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As safe as one can be from NSA these days :p

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say make sure you are using the official search facility provided by the governmental organisation and you should be ok.

If it's a third party site that offers the search somehow, there's more chance someone might be recording data, although unlikely.

AussieKaren

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would say make sure you are using the official search facility provided by the governmental organisation and you should be ok.

If it's a third party site that offers the search somehow, there's more chance someone might be recording data, although unlikely.

Thank you for the advice. I have had a go and had no problems so far.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would USPTO all the time (uspto.gov) since it does not get more authoritative than that (at least not for US domains) except it's a terrible interface and the number of results are so many that it drives you crazy, many are not relevant in the least. and that site loses your search settings after the 1st page so you gotta start all over. And, the NSA is more likely to get a pass spying on USPTO than on Trademarkia, for example LOL. That one is a lot better, and there are others. And if you're looking for TMs registered in a specific country that's to be considered too. If you're signed into Google and do searches while you are then you can be sure you're being tracked esp if you use Chrome, private browsing is not so private to all parties. But your question was related to someone using your activity and beat you to handregging the domain, it can totally happen !

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators