Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Transferred a domain to Namecheap-but received a transfer request from Resellone.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyNewman

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope this is the right place for this post.
I transferred a domain I had with an Irish provider to Namecheap last night.
I got confirmation from NC and went ahead and entered the EPP etc.

a few mins ago I received the following email form my registrar;

ResellOne.net received notification on Wed May 16 14:09:50 2012 that you have requested a transfer to another domain name registrar.

If you want to proceed with this transfer, you do not need to respond to this message.

If you wish to cancel the transfer (or to approve it immediately), please contact us before Mon May 21 14:09:50 2012 by going to our website,

(link) to confirm.

You may need to enter the following information to accept or decline the transfer:

Domain Name: website.com
Transfer Key: xxxxxx

If we do not hear from you by Mon May 21 14:09:50 2012, the transfer will proceed.

Is this normal? Don't remember getting an email like this before? I've already had a few mails from Namecheap,
and that's who I paid for the transfer. Who are resellone.net?

Thanks in advance for reading,

Cheers!

Domain Master

Domain Master
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, its normal...
If you OK it and ACCEPT it immediately it will expedite your transfer request to Namecheap........

(THIS IS MERELY SENT OUT BY THE "LOSING" REGISTRAR - RESELLONE.NET-JUST IN CASE YOU HAD A CHANGE OF MIND AND WISH NOT TO TRANSFER THE DOMAIN....THEY DONT WANT TO LOSE THE NAME)

RandyNewman

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The thing that's confusing me is that the registrar I'm transferring from is called LetsHost.ie , not resellone.net (should have made that clear) - why have a third party become involved?

Cheers!

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The thing that's confusing me is that the registrar I'm transferring from is called LetsHost.ie , not resellone.net (should have made that clear) - why have a third party become involved?

Cheers!
letshost.ie is probably a reseller using resellone.

RandyNewman

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that seems like the most logical explanation, still waiting for a response form them!

Cheers.

RandyNewman

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Got it sorted anyway, turns out that letshost use resellone.net for .com sales.
Another question if anybody can help- I changed to namecheap so I could avail of the private whois, however all my old data is still displayed on the site. Does anyone know how long it till take to update? Or will the old data stay there for a long time?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators