Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

transferring names

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a newbie so this might be a stupid question.

When someone sells a name who normally pays the trasfer fees?

You do have to pay to trasfer names right? I am just asking because I never see this mentioned and I see people selling some names for $10 or less.

If you are selling so cheap and have to pay a fee to transfer, aren't you just better off letting it drop?

Confused. Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

mbg

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>mbg0050: You do have to pay to trasfer names right?

Not too many registrars charge a fee for ownership transfer now. That's why.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As previously stated, very few regsitrars charge transfer fees. If they do charge more than $9. then it would be cheaper to do a registrar transfer to one that doesn't charge and then do the ownership transfer. I took 50+ names out of godaddy a year or so ago because they charged for transfers. shortly thereafter, they quit charging.

BTW, beware that last I did one with them, NetSol/Verisign did not charge transfers (except express ripoffs), but also doesn't credit the new owner with already paid registration time. This ends up being the equivalent of a transfer fee.

If trading in names, find a registrar that honors prepaid reg time, doesn't charge transfers, doesn't require mailed paperwork, and allows transfers using online control panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators