Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Trouble getting paid for domain sale via Moniker...

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain via Moniker Marketplace about 3 1/2 weeks ago and the domain is now in use by its new owner.

I have not been paid yet (via PayPal) and I'm getting worried because Moniker claims it sent the payment. My phone calls are not returned.

How long does it take for the payment to show up in your PayPal account (instantly, 5 days, 2 weeks?)

Has anyone had any trouble getting paid when using Moniker Marketplace?

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It should be instant, however with TRAFFIC being held during your transaction some things might have been delayed.

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's a good point about TRAFFIC but John Mauriello told me via e-mail that the payment went out and I haven't heard from him since despite my phone call to his office.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I sold a few domains through Moniker and usually receive payment in 30-40 days....I learned after the first sale, that payments are disbursed within 45 days.

tricolorro

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a domain via Moniker Marketplace about 3 1/2 weeks ago and the domain is now in use by its new owner.

I have not been paid yet (via PayPal) and I'm getting worried because Moniker claims it sent the payment. My phone calls are not returned.

How long does it take for the payment to show up in your PayPal account (instantly, 5 days, 2 weeks?)

Has anyone had any trouble getting paid when using Moniker Marketplace?

Hi,

Yes, I am having trouble getting paid and getting anyone to respond
either to emails or phone calls.

There is no Traffic auction going on now (Geo auction in 2 weeks)
and I am having the same problem you had.

Domain sold and in Moniker's Escrow account. Yet they send me
an email asking me to unlock the domain so the transfer can be made.

This is not the first time this bizarre behavior on Moniker's part has occurred.

John Mauriello does not return phone calls and Customer Support??? says they cannot help. And he's the head of the Marketplace, I was told.

Their Domain Marketplace is broken and has been from the beginning.

If I shared my experiences, you would not believe me.

The domain I just sold doesn't even appear in my account as sold or otherwise. It's as if the sale never happened.

Will someone at Moniker please stand up and take action for your company?

Check the domain boards. There is an growing upswell of unhappiness with Moniker overall. A number of domainers are saying they want to transfer their domains out of Moniker.

My so called Account Rep has always been non-responsive and then very abrupt with me when I did finally get him on the phone.

I am considering forming a Petition of unhappy Moniker customers
and presenting it to Monte.

Maybe then things will get fixed. Maybe a few heads will roll.

Are you listening DL?

If anyone has any interest in such a petition, please PM or email me.

Thanks.
Patrick

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've done only one transaction via Moniker's escrow, about a year ago, and things went smoothly and fast. I was paid by check in about 10 days.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem with the many domains I've sold through Moniker's various auctions. It has been slow a few times but often after a big auction they have hundreds of sales to deal with so I've built in a 3-4 week waiting period in my planning.

Reaction score
Folks - we close these transactions faster than anyone and they are safe and secure. there are many reasons for delays, including 60 day locks, epp/transfer code errors, uncooperative losing registrars, spam and junk folder filtering of emails, etc.

if you are having an issue with closing your transactions, email [email protected] or email me and I will make sure you are responded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom