• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers TruckerForum.com - For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

droplister

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2005
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
4
TruckerForum.com
Started in December of 2006, I made this site as part of promotion for a site that never happened.

I recently changed to the current design from an older more darker theme. I'm not sure if it's better, user-wise, but if you examine the adsense screenshot it's better revenue-wise. Ad channel tf-firstpost is for the adsense inserted after the first post. Which is pulling a much better cpm than any other placement has. There has never been a good looking theme on this site. Truckers don't seem to care and I hate skinning phpbb and don't like vb.

Analytics
Alexandern.com used to be a cross promotion partner, probably a year or two ago.
The goal is for registration. The discrepancy between actual members and the number shown in Analytics is due to spam accounts I manually delete.

Adsense
There hasn't always been adsense on the site, I just did the same date range as the traffic report. *Adsense was added April 3, 2008.*

The site ranks #1 for Trucker Forum in Google and ranks well for truckers forum, trucking forum, trucking discussion, all those variations. It sits around page 3 for trucker and truckers and I don't target or optimize for those keywords. It also is sitting at around page 12 for trucking, which isn't a huge claim, but like the other two I don't target that word, it naturally ranks at that level.

The problem with the site is that there is no community, I imagine the design has something to do with that. People come with questions, but they don't hang around to just chat. If you are good with forums you can breathe a lot of life into the forum. It's not like truckers don't like to talk, see 1, 2.

I bought the domain for $300.

BIN $2500
Offers starting at $900

Paypal or wire.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom