Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed tungstenelectrode.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchie

no plural, no hyphen, big demand, professional buyers... is that better ?

Domain summit 2024

actually in this case I would say the plural would be far better, not sure that there really is much demand for domains like this. Though it is better than the other names.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frenchie .... I don't know what to say. I think the name has no use at all. I disagree with Snoppy, I think your names are getting worse.

Sorry man!

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every good domain name in English has been registered by now, and anything new that someone comes up with is pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of value.

This is only a suggestion Frenchie, but if I could speak French I'd be delving into the green pastures of unregistered .com names in this language, as there would be far more opportunity to find a gem or two there, as compared to unregistered domain names in English. This opportunity would hold for any other major language.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL, if English seems difficult, I'm sure French is way more complex. I can just imagine regging a name in French after using an online translator, and later asking Frenchie for an appraisal, and he bursts out laughing that I'd just spent $10 on a domain name that no Frenchman would type-in in a million years !

F

Frenchie

fizz, You may be right ... the problem is, first that French language market is much smaller than English one (let say 5-10 %), and second, that French secondary market (resale) is not yet ripe (nobody knows there that a name could have any value) ...

But about this precise name "tungstenelectrode.com", as search engines become more "clever", when you type exactly "tungstenelectrode", you are automatically redirected to "tungsten electrode", with 15,900 sites... is'nt it great ?...

urm, its great for people who miss out the space, it doesn't help you and your domain value though.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Frenchie
... the problem is, first that French language market is much smaller than English one (let say 5-10 %), and second, that French secondary market (resale) is not yet ripe (nobody knows there that a name could have any value) ...

And this is exactly the time to be hunting for some good names, when most others can't see the potential. Which is exactly the situation faced in the early to mid-90's when the smart people with foresight were able to reg the best English .coms while all the rest of us were zzzzzzzzz.

It is far better to invest $10 in a name with good potential for the future, rather than spend that $10 to reg one which has limited current and future value.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would this French word - I think it means heights - be any good to build a website around, Frenchie? Maybe a site selling high-class stuff etc, or am I way off beam? LOL

Hauteurs gets 67k results at Google, so it's not too bad a word. I spotted it on Whois-Search's unregged post today:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=24302#post24302

It's available right now for the taking if you want it Frenchie :D

F

Frenchie

Thank you Fizz, for your kind suggestions. While it's true that Hauteurs.com is still free, it has in French a connotation of measure, rather than of greatness ; better would be Sommets.com (means Top, Summit ...), but already registered.

But my real problem is not to register new names until i sell at least one. I need to really understand where, how, how much and when to sell my domain names. Up to now, I register occasionnally since 2000, and I sell nothin. My only tentative to propose a name by e-mail to 4 or 5 potentially interested companies, was an accusation of spamming ... since then I wait, but get only one proposition a month, of somebody who miss the name, and hopes it for less than 10$ ! What can I do? Thank you for some suggestion...

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry Frenchie, if your names are no good then all you can do is to let it expire into the dotcom graveyard like what thousands before you have already done.

Move on. Try .info.

F

Frenchie

Mole, maybe are you right for most domains evaluated up to now... meanwhile, even if not suitable on the secondary market (here), some of these can be appreciated to build a portal, others by some private company or person for any reason i myself do'nt know exactly... i have more French names, but no sense to evaluate them here ...

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why don't you build a web-site to hold all your for sale domains like the pros here do, Frenchie? Then put it in your siggy as well as profile details.

You never know what names may be of interest to people.

F

Frenchie

Yes of course, I think to that since months, but do hesitate where to put it (quality/price factor), and what site name to choose (do you say it too, "site" instead of "domain"?). But maybe will I put this "site choice advising " as a new thread...

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Procrastination is the mother of lost sales opportunities :D

F

Frenchie

Yes, probably is it better for everyone to do now anything unperfect, than to wait up to an optimal result ... because indeed, when it will be achieved, maybe has the context changed, and will it not be adapted at all... but this ressemble to philosphy (what about a new thread category?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators