• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.TV predicted to be the sleeper success of 2007. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
What are your thoughts on the prediction that the .tv will take off in 2007?

Reference: DNjournal

"“We will also see even more clearly the intersection of the domain name space and the media space,” Stahura said. “Take .tv for example. With the explosion of video content on the Internet, I think we will see the .tv top level domain grow the most compared to other TLDs.” Of course, Stahura now has a special interest in .tv since registry owner Verisign turned management of that extension over to eNom in the final quarter of 2006.


However, Stahura isn’t alone in predicting better things for .tv. Those who were at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East conference in Hollywood, Florida in October will remember keynote speaker Tom Gardner of the Motley Fool predicting .tv would be the sleeper hit of 2007 (a pronouncement greeted with stunned disbelief by his audience, but one that now seems prescient to some)."
 
i think it will be big hit, especially when media will move online
 
The predictions from these guys are usually correct. I guess we'll have to wait and see..I havent seen any significant .tv sales yet this year.
 
.tv pricing policy (ie. renewal fees) is uncertain.
You all know what uncertainty means in business...
 
buying for norm reg. fee(30-35usb)You risk nothing

anyone interested in my TVs?
 
LOVE your tv's! wish i could afford them!
i LIKE .tv- and, for some reason i am now more attracted to them over .mobi- i still like mobi alot! but in the end, i dont know- my heart is tugging after tv- so, i am selling off all my mobis- and building up my tv's- just got this gut feeling- oh well, guess we will see!
 
I agree with this assumption, especially advertisers are embracing online advertising through youtube, amazon tv, and other big companies.

good for my VD.TV portfolio
 
The evil empire...Verisign/Netsol is promoting .tv now...they are usually ahead of these curves.

I think it is getting more and more difficult to get good .tv names...I've seen a buying trend for the past 6 months.
 
.TV is catching on it seems... VH1 and at least a couple of other channels use them pretty heavily...
 
Of course, Stahura now has a special interest in .tv since registry owner Verisign turned management of that extension over to eNom in the final quarter of 2006. However, Stahura isn’t alone in predicting better things for .tv. Those who were at the T.R.A.F.F.I.C. East conference in Hollywood, Florida in October will remember keynote speaker Tom Gardner of the Motley Fool predicting .tv would be the sleeper hit of 2007 (a pronouncement greeted with stunned disbelief by his audience, but one that now seems prescient to some)."[/I]
Hey I hope .tv works out for domainers holding those, but quoting Stahura who now has the registry, and Tom Gardner, (who is just a media clown and doesn't hardly have a clue about his own industry let alone the domain biz) are hardly the ones to listen to. :rolleyes:
 
The .TV is one of four ccTLD's that are true sleepers, and these will be used more and more as advertisers enter the business. As I have said before now is the time when advertising merges with domaining and very soon it will be realised that the advertising industry is going to be the senior partner.
 
which are the other three ccTLD sleepers? us,uk,de or?
 
"Sleeper Success"?

Wake up and BUY MY .TVs then!!! ;)

I agree, 2007 will be great for TVs.. but I don't really think it's a "sleeper". The entire market has seen the move to Internet Based entertainment specifically to enhance the Mobile PC and Home PC/Entertainment markets.

.TV is the next, natural progression.

Soon eveyone will be asking how to "Get PC TV" and about "Net PC TV" so they can see it on their GoPC ;)

GoPC
 
.de and .us are not sleepers both are well established in their national usage. As for .co.uk it is steadily rising in popularity and use in the UK.

The 4 sleepers referred to in my post above are .TV. .St, .es, and .se. (I would have made it 5 if .ws was more pragmatic in its pricing and transfer processes.)
 
verisign needs to co-promote .tv with the big media companies like idealab tried to do back in the day when .tv was first launched.

you see more and more smaller cable channels embracing .tv. A major factor for the spread will be falling barriers to entry for launching new niche channels, either on cable, streaming net programs, etc.

targetedtraffic.tv Mr. Schwartz needs to get the ball rolling on this?

.tv could very well be the sleeper for resellers, end user might be a few years out?
 
I think it makes sense, internet and tv are going to 'merge' at some point.

'TV' is already in the mindset of everyone, and it doesn't have to be explained.

words or phrases that make sense along the lines of something that can be seen on video will make sense as .tv domains, like cooking.tv, sports.tv, musicvideos.tv, nature.tv, and so on.
 
quoting Stahura who now has the registry,

Yeah, I noticed that to. I think every year is going to be the year of .TV from now on...from his point of view anyways.
 
here is a thought.

example: would be a cooking show, and naturally cooking.com

would you rather rebrand cooking.tv
or brand http://tv.cooking.com
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom