• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

.TV predicted to be the sleeper success of 2007. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its going to take a few nice .tv sales to increase domainer interest, especially with the $35 reg fee
 
Wait a second -- this is like going to the president of an automobile dealership and asking if this is a good time to buy a new car!

Those guys are selling a product -- a failed TLD. These are all the same characters that pumped .CC and .WS as the next big thing.
 
.tv actually has an application versus .cc and .ws.

an application other than just a cctld, further this is going to one of the largest areas of growth for the internet in the next decade? no one has bought .tv to represent the .cctld aspect of it, but to apply it to a television concept. .cc and .ws is whole different story.

but the fact is that there still remains substitues.
how high can it go?
 
Wait a second -- this is like going to the president of an automobile dealership and asking if this is a good time to buy a new car!

Exactly. The whole endorsement is invalid by conflict of interest.
 
cooking.tv- easier for me to remember- thats me anyways-

i just regged a nice little LLLL.tv- thought it might be nice for a sports site- has a nice solid 30 mil google pages too-
Foul.tv

i am getting very into .tv- very very - based on what i am spending and my diminishing bank account

adding this.....
i go to bed way late at night- and out of all the cctlds out there- i see .tv being used- publicly, on tv- alot of the infomercials are using it for their websites- i think .tv just might be different because it is ataching itself to something already here, used every day, and known by the whole world- ws and cc are stand alones-
 
here is a thought.

example: would be a cooking show, and naturally cooking.com

would you rather rebrand cooking.tv
or brand http://tv.cooking.com


I guess that would depend on whether or not I am a total KNOB!!!!

Yeah, TV is the obvious choice. What's rediculous is that the Madison Ave Advertising "braniacs" seem to be the last ones to figure this out. LOL!

GoPC
 
Alot of mixed opinions, as I figured. My highest .tv sale has been around $1k and that was about a year ago. I can the see market for the .tv extension, but I have mixed feelings on whether it will be a success in 2007. Only time will tell.
 
.tv is for the companies that can't afford the .com's
 
I have alot of faith in the .tv extension. Here in Boston, so many businesses lately are using and advertising the .tv in ads and television. I just aquired 2 major names this weekend that I will be making public on Wednesday... .tv rocks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom