Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Two new TLDs in the wild within 100 yards of each other

A

Andrew Allemann

Two neighboring companies in Austin are using new top level domain names.

New top level domain names are slowly being put into use. It’s not that unusual to see them in the wild anymore.

But I’ve now come across my first case of seeing two new top level domains on signs in close proximity to each other. Both signs are on my route home from the office.

First up is data.world, just north of the corner of Far West Blvd and MoPac in Austin:

data-world-e1468263194923.jpg

Travel 100 yards south and you come across ARC.clinic:

arc-clinic.jpg

Both of these domains are under Donuts’ top level domains, which isn’t very surprising. Donuts has released many more domains than other TLD companies, with almost 200 available for registration without restrictions.

© DomainNameWire.com 2016. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact copyright (at) domainnamewire.com.

Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.

The post Two new TLDs in the wild within 100 yards of each other appeared first on Domain Name Wire | Domain Name News & Views.

Related posts:

1. Bazaarvoice founder launching new company on .World domain name
  2. .London ads spotted in London last week
  3. More details on .Blog and Automattic

Continue reading...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom