Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Two proposed buying groups for domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of putting together two buying groups for domains where each particpant pools $ and we buy domains in that group.

I have great tools and ability to make this work.

One group will consist of local domains and the other companies that forget to renew their domains.

This will happen fast so if people are interested, post here.

Also please propose what the buy-in should be.

If we accept 10 people, all revenue from any domain sales will be split amongst the 10.

This is a tested theory that works, so you ask why I would invite you to particpate? Because I bought this forum to encourage particiption.

Thoughts?

Whose in and whose out?

How much do you reckon we should put in each?

By my estimate we will get our money back within the first year and after that its gravy.

This is open to exclusive members only.

-=DCG=-

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i like it DCG.....would be interested in seeing what kind of $$ we are talking about...and how structured will this be?...will there be a "team leader" ...who will have final say on which domains to buy....etc.....want to hear more info...

thanks
tony

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This will be very structured with all members being notified by email of any sales and all purchases.

There will also be a website where people can login to with a password to check the statuses of all domains in or out.

-=DCG=-

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We need to know more details before we talk about money.

Personally I don't see the money is a problem but waiting for a year is a problem as I should be able to generate more money in one year with $5-$10K so why should we have the money locked for a year?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael,

I picked up 100 domains as a test and spent $650, that was 2 months ago, I have since sold 3 of them for $1400, $1200 and $800 totalling $3400. In two months I have made a huge profit and anything else that sells is gravy. At the end of the year I can drop them or continue to chance it and hope for just 1 more sale.

These names are not trademarks, just names people forget to renew and might want back.

Johnn,

People should never risk money in something if they feel they can do better. The year is just a guesstimate on the high side, it should be quicker that that. Try and get a 100% interest rate at the bank. ;) That's why I love domains.

-=DCG=-

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam,

I am not taking about risking the money. I am talking about ROI (Return On investment).
Your source and tools may be different from mine but I have been doing the same thing for years. Buying expired names and resell them.

It took a lot of time everyday to scan the list.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sounds very interesting. I don't think I'm qualified to make such an investment but obviously the urge to learn more and watch from the sidelines would be a great lesson.

I would appreciate ANY information you and all exclusive members have in regards to domain names.

Thanks Adam.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like to join

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adam,

I am not taking about risking the money. I am talking about ROI (Return On investment).
Your source and tools may be different from mine but I have been doing the same thing for years. Buying expired names and resell them.

It took a lot of time everyday to scan the list.

I am confidant the ROI will be greater than most will expect.

-=DCG=-

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Count me in. The amount is worth the risk.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds good but I would set entry at $1K

with group sizes of 10 each

and maybe work two or three separate groups.

I know there's work involved for marketing and research, including fee's for sales, so how will the net be figured for the group's percentage?

Thanks

tekz999

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me in. I want to know what domains we are buying.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Michael,

I picked up 100 domains as a test and spent $650, that was 2 months ago, I have since sold 3 of them for $1400, $1200 and $800 totalling $3400. In two months I have made a huge profit and anything else that sells is gravy. At the end of the year I can drop them or continue to chance it and hope for just 1 more sale.

These names are not trademarks, just names people forget to renew and might want back.

-=DCG=-

Thanks for the explanation Adam. Count me in as well.
A few questions about how will it work though, to what degree is the process automated? I suppose you've got script that search for the domains, register them and send the emails to previous owners. How about setting the price and negotiations, someone needs to handle that, it can be time consuming.

What happens if we don't sell enough domains to cover the registration costs? Anything's possible :)

Also what's the idea behind the other group with "local domains"?

Michael

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in...but I should be your buyer :eek:k:

I can show you the last 20 domains worth x,xxx to xx,xxx that I have bought and sold and at least tripled up on them....sometimes quadrupled or more..I have a "knack" for picking up valuable domains very cheap from original owners

I know of one right now I can buy for 100k worth probably 250k-500k easily

maroulis

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm in...but I should be your buyer :eek:k:

I can show you the last 20 domains worth x,xxx to xx,xxx that I have bought and sold and at least tripled up on them....sometimes quadrupled or more..I have a "knack" for picking up valuable domains very cheap from original owners

I know of one right now I can buy for 100k worth probably 250k-500k easily

I think everyone or most people here have this canning ability ;) as for the $100K to $250K why don't you buy it yourself? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators