• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Typo domain ponr.mobi any value?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

worldbroker

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
I own several typo's and picked this one up a couple of months ago. Not sure if it has merit, but logic would say that it could? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
 
Zero IMO,,typo doesnt work for cellphones really..plus there is not even a site for the non typo...call me a pessimist, but I dont even think there is potential
 
Zero IMO,,typo doesnt work for cellphones really..plus there is not even a site for the non typo...call me a pessimist, but I dont even think there is potential

I could not have said it any better .... unfortunately
 
.mobi typos won't work the same as keyboard typos. A good porn.mobi would be something like poqn.mobi..
 
.mobi typos won't work the same as keyboard typos. A good porn.mobi would be something like poqn.mobi..

Sorry... I agree with this one. poqn.mobi is best and maybe the only typo that would be confused cause of the 4 presses on that key. The possibility of a user typing poqn.mobi is much greater than ponr.mobi. I think you should have researched further in this. But, hey. its only about 20 bucks, so its a cheap lesson. if you had bought it during the rush, it would have cost you 100 bucks. dont feel bad... you are not the only one who has domains like this. i may have more of these than you! keep going and research more to get some names. there are many good ones out there!
 
Thanks for all of the honest appraisals. Thinking about the future beyond the keypad of a cell phone. A whole new set of mobile devices are being developed right now to provide users with mobile internet access. The devices are not small, put the key pads will go beyond the current alpha/numeric that is currently used. I think that it is a matter of years away that .mobi will be the new .com? With that being said I agree with all of you that it is probebly worthless right now, but I own it for 2 years so I will have to wait and see. I do want to thank all of you for being brutally honest. That is what I like about your appraisals. Most people tend to fluff up the truth to make some domains to be more then they actually are.
 
Because typo of .mobi is still not widely being used, so no one knows exactly how it works. I think ponr.mobi may get some traffic but wont be much excited.

pron.mobi would be better, or same key typo maybe

good luck
 
You can decide if you're willing to hold it for 5 years when the mobile web is more in use. If anyone here says they can predict what technology will be hot and in use in five years, they're joking.
 
i would hold on to it at the moment, for now reg fee
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom