Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ultimate Domain Research Tool - Limited time DNF Discount!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

impactadmin

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ready for the ultimate domain power tool?[/FONT]

» Domain Research Tool was created to find domains with type-in visitors, search engine traffic, backlinks, PageRank, Alexa™ rank, whois details and more. It can also auto-appraise domains using user specified formulas, send bulk automated offer e-mails, track your current auctions, monitor important domains, filter incredibly large domain lists and zone files and much, much more. All with full multiple proxy support.

Our software was developed by domain professionals, for domain professionals. Try it free today and see how D.R.T. can simplify and automate your life.

Feature Highlights:
  • Designed for BULK Scanning: Domain Research Tool was created to scan domains in bulk. This means that it can handle lists of up to 500,000 domains per scan cycle. Unlike competing products, D.R.T. Can easily load and manipulate extremely large lists and even comes with full support for loading, filtering and analyzing zone files.
  • Powerful Proxy Support: Scanning large lists cannot be done without utilizing proxy servers (see Help file for detailed information on what proxy servers are). D.R.T. supports loading of up to 10,000 proxy servers for use during the scan. Throughout the scan the proxy servers are rotated and poorly performing proxies are automatically disabled. D.R.T. Can also check the proxies to ensure that they are functional and non-transparent. No other domain tool offers these features.
  • New - IDN Support: As requested by our customers, Domain Research Tool now supports international domain names (IDNs). This means that you'll be able to load and scan international domain names just as easily as you scan regular domains. All IDN conversion is done in the background so that you never have to worry about converting from UTF8 to punycode. DRT is the only tool to offer integrated IDN support and a bulk IDN converter.
  • New - Typo Generator: Instantly generate hundreds to thousands of typos from other domains and keyword phrases. Generate typos in 250 TLDs and quickly check them for availability and typein score. No other tool offers such flexibility.
  • Portfolio Management: The latest version of Domain Research Tool includes a portfolio management feature designed to monitor and track the user's domain portfolio. Changes to domain whois records, name servers, e-mails, IPs, site title, link popularity, overture score and much more are tracked and analyzed. Keeping an eye on your domains has never been easier.
  • Watch List: Finding and acquiring quality domains cannot be done without organization. The D.R.T. watch list helps users stay organized by keeping track of offers, auctions, sales, purchases, negotiations, domain notes, alerts, and much more. The tool can also send automated offers in bulk to owners of domains you are interested in.
  • Type-in Domain Finder: D.R.T. was built to simplify the process of finding and acquiring type-in domains. With support for Overture.TLD scans as well as multiple diggers that generate domains based on popular Overture and search engine keywords, D.R.T. makes finding type-in domains a snap.
Popular Features:
  • Domain Research Tool comes with daily updated domain lists downloadable directly from within the D.R.T. interface with just two clicks. Lists include Expired, Expiring, RGP, Registrar-Hold, PendingDelete and even zone files.
  • Full support for scanning Alexa™, Google™, MSN™, Overture™, Yahoo™ and PageRank in bulk with or without proxy servers.
  • Complete customization over which search engines and directories get queried via proxy.
  • Import domains by dragging and dropping domain files, by adding domains manually or by using the import feature. Automatic parsing and powerful filters ensure that only those domains matching your criteria are added and scanned.
  • Export results to Text, CSV, XML and HTML with just two clicks.
  • Extremely flexible. Allows the for complete control of virtually every feature.
  • Full support for scanning bulk whois to extract registration & expiration information as well as e-mail addresses (portfolio only). Supports over 100 gTLDs and ccTLDs.
  • Direct printing of scan list, watch list or portfolio with clean formatting and selectable columns.
  • Advanced post-scan filter allows for filtering of results to only display those domains matching exact criteria (ex: domains with link popularity > 5 or domains with "rackshack" in nameserver).
  • Useful help file explains every feature and provides tips and suggestions. Videos show how to quickly and easily use some of the more popular features.
  • Trusted by the world's
More features outlined here.

BUY NOW and save 75$ instantly! Click Here.

beggers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As an owner of this product, I can state that the features do work as advertised, but I think it's only fair that you tell people that D.R.T. requires a HUGE number of working proxies to function efficiently. Getting this many proxies will be either expensive and/or extremely time-consuming -- if it is even possible at all. I had trouble compiling a working list of just a few dozen proxies from free sources, and D.R.T. is not usable with such a small number.

I rarely use the program anymore because of this proxy issue. Is there really a paying source that offers thousands of working proxies on a daily basis? If so, please let us know.

I'd like to see a new feature that would allow D.R.T. to generate its own list of working proxies without depending on outside services.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What features in this program are IDN compatible? other than the mass puny convertor which is available for free elsewhere.

DropDepot

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree eggers

I too own this program and find the proxy issue both time consuming and frustrating. DRT offers a pay service for a list of proxies but out of a 1000 you might get 10 valid proxies if you are lucky.

For a free list of proxies that are fairly up to date check out the forums at UKProxyList.com

my 2 cents...

picassoface

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my naitvity... But can you explain the "proxy" problem in layman's terms ? Why won't this product work better because of "proxy's" ?

Also, I checked out your list of anonymous proxy's; how does one put the list into use ? All I see are alot of IP addresses. What should I do with them ? Thanks !

Shobhit

Root
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm using this product and I'm quite satisfied with it. I usually check 500 to 1000 domain names at a time and it works fine.
The only problem I had when I tried to scan a huge list if domain names and after completing the task, the programme hanged while I tried to sort the list.

I

impactadmin

Well, I'm using this product and I'm quite satisfied with it. I usually check 500 to 1000 domain names at a time and it works fine.
The only problem I had when I tried to scan a huge list if domain names and after completing the task, the programme hanged while I tried to sort the list.
Right, With any bulk checking tool, no matter what tool you use will have a problem if you dont use a proxy. Search engines like Google, MSN and yahoo as well as Overture will block you if you continue to make many requests from the same Ip.

What is great about this tool is it has the option to override that issue by providing the proxy function. Proxies are available freely all over the net. Many sites check them on a daily basis and show the last time they were checked.

You can check up to 10 domains at a time without any issue.
This is one of the only tools I have found to offer as many options as it does with a stable platform.

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a DRT user since a long time, and I used it to scan dump lists for expired domains, from which I have spotted some, but never found anything to even break even. Surely because I haven't used this tool in an optimal way, but there is potential on it.

The proxy thing is a certain issue that stopped me scanning daily lists, due to the huge time needed to find, scan and refresh lists (of which 95% of them are not working or excessively slow).

beggers

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree eggers

I too own this program and find the proxy issue both time consuming and frustrating. DRT offers a pay service for a list of proxies but out of a 1000 you might get 10 valid proxies if you are lucky.

For a free list of proxies that are fairly up to date check out the forums at UKProxyList.com

my 2 cents...

This site seems to be off-line. Anyone have any other suggestions for proxy list sources?

Warren.Davis

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind making a one time small investment you can buy Forum Proxy Leecher. I'm not an affiliate or associated in any way with this product but what it does is scour the message boards and compile a massive list of proxies. Usually around 80,000 to 100,000. Of those about 30,000 to 50,000 will be unique. It comes with a program called Bleach that will then scan those to find alive, anonymous, and transparent proxies.

I run FPL once a month or so and then just re-scan the list with Bleach the rest of the time. I never have a problem finding 1,000 or so quality proxies to work with.

A few points though...

First, DRT stresses that you only use anonymous proxies. I've found that transparent ones work okay too in almost every case.

Second, the proxy scanner built into DRT isn't the best since I've heard it bases the results off Overture which is up and down frequently. Use Bleach or another free proxy scanner and you'll find many more live proxies than if you just scan with DRT.

Third, if your goal is to do massive bulk queries with Overture DRT is not your best option. I only use DRT to scan lists for link popularity or to use the digger and word combination tools. If you want to do bulk Overture have someone write you a custom script, put DRT on a Windows server with 10mbit connection and lots of paid proxies, or buy pre-scanned lists.

Hope that helps. I've found a lot of this through trial and error and by buying lots of software and subscriptions that didn't live up to the hype. DRT is very good and extremely useful but you need to know it's limits.

forward

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, does this tool provide droplists? I lost my _favorite_ droplist when namewinner shut it's doors. That was the best droplist and I've been dying to replace it ever since then.

Warren.Davis

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Until recently DRT had excellent drop list support. But for whatever reason the INFO drop list hasn't been updated in days and the COM Zone Change won't download. It gives some server error.

Hopefully this will be addressed soon since drop lists are 50% of the reason to own this software.

forward

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i picked it up, trying to use it a bit. gotta say right now it's not really blowing my skirt up, but i'll try it out for a bit longer before i make a final judgement.

no drop list, and the fact that can't get overture results (which i'm sure isn't their fault, but still, need a comparable service somehow) has made it pretty disappointing.

I also contacted support for some help, didn't get a response.

Warren.Davis

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would imagine that they will fix the drop lists soon. Like I said above that is a big reason why I even use the tool.

But not much they can do about the Overture scanner. Overture is much slower than it was just a few weeks ago now.

If you don't mind spending $90 pick up the Overture software from http://www.searchtotals.com/. I'm not affiliated with them but I do own the tool. It's not perfect but if you are capable of finding your own proxies it does a nice job on big lists.

I really like DRT and I don't want to bash the software. It has a few bugs, support isn't great, and it has some limitations. But for the purchase price it is well worth the money if you are willing to think outside the box a little bit.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am using DRT very rarely becouse of the Proxy issues.

I would love to see that DRT could auto-update free proxies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom